2ft E-D model

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by swaaye, Mar 16, 2009.

1. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

I love how ''stubby'' looking the ENT-C looks in that cut-away poster!

2. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I didn't realize. Hm. Bad lighting for it. Then again, I was never completely enamored with that model.

I was never lucky enough to have that one, or the one of the refit Enterprise, but I did get the Enterprise-E and Voyager ones. They still hang in frames on my parents' wall. :)

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I have the same one too. I can't wait to get it out of storage when I get back home. Assuming my wife lets me put it up of course...

4. kitsune

kitsune Captain

Did they use the 2-foot model in this scene in Booby Trap?
    [​IMG]
    It would've been so cool if they used the six-footer in this scene instead :)

5. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like the AMT kit to me.

6. Captain Martin

Captain Martin Lieutenant Red Shirt

I remember watching either on trekkies or on an extra somewhere .... they went thru a warehouse and were talking with a lady whos job it was to keep every model and prop etc catalogued ... and she spoke of the 4 footer being hung in a restaraunt and she also pointed out that the letters were wrong on the model it said 1701-E instead of 1701-D which they edited on film to make it look correct for the show

7. Captain Martin

Captain Martin Lieutenant Red Shirt

My friend has this exact poster hanging up in his shop ... and for years I have wanted it but he will never give it up because he is a memorabilia collector ... he has Picard's dress uniform from Insurrection from the dinner scene before they are called to go after Data. ... he even has (get this) the TRAINCAR ... the actual TRAIN CAR from the first X-Men movie too .. the train car from the scenes where wolverine goes to get rogue off the train and magneto attacks him. That's in his front yard ...

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I've the cut-away poster too. I love that thing. The one I have is quite battered. I want to get a new one (well a "used" one off EBay, likely) but it has to be the GIANT version of it with the LCARS panel-look and not the smaller sized one or the one without the LCARS stuff and callouts.

9. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

What's your reference on that? Nobody I ever spoke with at the series ever mentioned a CG ENT prior to a long shot version seen for a few seconds in season 7's MASKS episode. There are various ships on TNG that LOOK very CG because they didn't shoot them with any blur, so they have that crude early CG look.

I would've figured it as a bad painting or still cutout, myself. The 2 ft model looks much better, as long as it isn't moving.

10. Trekfan21

Trekfan21 Commander Red Shirt

My thoughts also. To this day, this is the first I've ever heard of this being a CG shot. I thought "Masks" had the first CG shot aside from a few creatures on the show.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope, they didn't.

12. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have the same picture, hanging in my office.:)

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Here

14. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Umm ... there isn't a source for that there. In fact, it notes it needs a source. Somebody want to call drexler?

15. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not sure if Doug Drexler would know anything conclusive about that. That early during TNG he was probably still designing Bolian measles and similar stuff. :D

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, the letter E was put on the D-model after TNG ended (after Generations?), as a proposal to use the 6-foot model in subsequent movies as the 1701-E. In other words, the effects staff wanted the 1701-E to be another Galaxy class, and represent it by detailing-up the old 6-foot model. The model was never filmed for a production with the letter E on it.

17. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

The model in Booby Trap is the AMT kit.

And by all means, ask Sternbach, Okuda, Drexler, anyone you want. I stand by my facts.

18. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was either a joke, or else they assumed the new Enterprise would be another Galaxy class ship, just as the Enterprise-A was a like-for-like replacement for the original.

Is it just the main number that was changed, or were the rest done too?

19. ST-One

ST-One Vice Admiral

For once I have to agree with you, if this were CG we would have heard long ago about it.

20. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

^

See my last post.