THOR: Grading, Discussion, Review **SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 17, 2011.

?

What grade do you give THOR?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2011.
  1. A+

25 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. A

48 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. A-

49 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. B+

33 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. B

24 vote(s)
    11.7%
  6. B-

9 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. C+

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. C

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So? Have you ever read a comic?

No. It's possible to fall in love, or at least develop feelings for someone, pretty quickly.

2. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

very few, I was not aware that comic book movies were limited to those who had read the comics.

true,but in my experince if you fall in love quick, you fall out of it quick as well.

3. Servo

:rolleyes:

The point I'm making is that the bad guy isn't always dealt with at the end of the story. Especially when the bad guy is a god.

Who cares what your experience is? The fact is that it's possible to fall for someone quickly, regardless of whether you fall out of love just as fast, which isn't a hard and fast rule either.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

fair enough, but that dosnt mean the fact Thor didnt have to deal with it, wasnt something that I felt was a weak point of the movie.

5. Servo

You really don't get it.

6. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

will we have to see it in 3d or wil be just as good in 2d because I am really sick of all the 3d bull shit. and all most every thing this summer comes out in 3d is it worth it?

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always skip the 3D if I can.

8. timothy

very cool I skipped it on the green hornet and the only time I ever saw a 3d movie was avatar and tron legacy. and they were good but damn expenseive. will that be with all of them this year or will there be a movie that will be needed to be seen in 3d?

so looking forward to THOR can't wait.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is usually a non 3D option. I don't know if that will be the case with all of the films that are slated for release with 3D.

10. flemm

flemm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From what I have gleaned from critic and fan reviews, the 3D is solid but not necessary for enjoyment of the film by any means. Apparently it adds a lot to certain sequences (such as the reveal of Asgard) and possibly detracts somewhat from others (such as the faster-paced actions sequences).

I'll be seeing it in 3D on Friday, and probably 2D for a second viewing at some point. There are plenty of showings of both (at my theater in any event).

11. timothy

will it be in imax ?

12. flemm

flemm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Yeah.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Appreciate those letting us who haven't seen it know your going to start talking specifics. And posting your letter grade. Thanks again. :techman:
    It's a bummer to have to skip some posts but soon that won't matter. I know,"Stay out if you want to avoid spoilers, right?". Well some posts are non-spoilery while being very praise oriented and that boosts my enthusiasm for the movie.
    In 48hrs I will be able to share in all the discussion!!

[​IMG]
    Doing 2-D first with some friends opening night.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok, North America the movie has opened for us....finally.

Whose going tonight or over the weekend?
    I'm leaving in an hour to get some dinner with friends and check out the movie!!

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

A-

I hereby dub it "Much better than I expected."

Really, the thing I liked most was I got to see everything I wanted to see in Thor's first fight scene. He twirled the hammer, he threw the hammer and it came back, he flew with the hammer. I could have left right after that battle was over and I'd still have been satisfied.

Of course, the downer is I'm sick of seeing Natalie Portman's face freaking everywhere. Really. She played Luke and Leia's mother and a crazy ballerina lady. I get it. We're supposed to love her. Can we find another actress now?

And Special Agent Coulson rulzzzz!

That is all.

16. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed it. I found it in 2-D so I was happy I didn't have to be disappointed with another 3-D movie (Tron Legacy I'm thinking of you). I enjoyed it. It exceeded my expectations. Hemsworth made for a great Thor. I also liked the rest of the cast.

The Asgardian costumes weren't as garish as they had appeared in the trailer and I loved the FX for the frost giants. I did think they could've put a better fatsuit on Ray Stevenson. I didn't even recognize him at first. I think Loki's motivations toward the end were a little Shinzony for me, however, love/devotion makes one irrational. I wish the fight scenes with the giants had been filmed a little better. It was hard to follow the action at times and it was shot so dimly. The fight with the Destroyer was better done.

There's a nice Avengers cameo and please stay after the credits roll. After Avengers I wonder what they will do with Thor. I think this movie has established that Hemsworth is up to the task. But I can't think of many Thor villains, outside of Loki. Of course he could come back though I wouldn't mind seeing someone else.

17. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

They could always use Surtur, or the Enchantress. I suppose it would be foolish of me to hope for EGO the LIVING PLANET! (first appeared as a Thor villain...)

18. timothy

two quick questions one do we need to stay after the credits for this? and the other I know it just came out but when can we expect it blu ray or dvd?

19. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

DarKush just answered your first question: yes.

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

A-
    A little light on the action in the middle, but otherwise excellent.