Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe they used Robocop manikin heads?

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Power Geodes, not a bad idea, just a little weird after the proper gold coins.

3. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

This needs to be the new movie theme song. :techman:
    If you like metal. If not your ears will probably bleed.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Comic-Con interviews

EW cast photos for Comic-Con.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't have time to watch the videos, were there any big announcements?

6. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

After 10,000 years I just started watching the English sub titled version of Zyuranger and I have to say I am very surprised at how awesome and superior it is to it's American counterpart.
    Rita is so over the top. :lol:

Takeru likes this.
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

8. Mr. Adventure

Back when PR was new I watched Dairanger and it was better even without subtitles. I can't believe I actually was trading tapes(!) with some guy I emailed from USENET(!). Then again, it was more memorable than finding some torrent.

Akiraprise likes this.
  9. Samurai8472

Morphicon is this weekend. Power Ranger's Ninja steel was presented for the first time

Brody- Red
    Calvin- Yellow
    Preston- Blue
    Hayley- White
    Sarah- Pink

The morpher is not the sword like it is in the "Ninninger" It is the multi change weapon that they use

[​IMG]

DinoCharge Blue's real life brother will be playing the blue ninja steel ranger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new Ninja steel Pink ranger is definitely easy on the eyes

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not bad -- probably the kind of face that will grow on me the more I see it -- but I find the new White Ranger (Zoe Robins) much lovelier.

I think this is a record-setting team for diverse casting. Only the Pink Ranger is white, and her surname (Lopes) suggests she's Latina.

Meanwhile, the It's Henshin Time! YouTube series about Super Sentai history has posted the latest of its very infrequent chapters, covering Changeman through Liveman. (It went up nearly a month ago, but I only infrequently think to check.)

11. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I have to admit, it seems a tad strange how short she looks in the group picture. :lol:

12. Christopher

It's only strange if she suddenly gets taller in the Sentai footage.

13. Mr. Adventure

She kind of looks like a Sofia Vergara Power Ranger which I find a funny notion.

14. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So cool that Yoshua's own brother is his successor, and that they kept it a surprise for him! I do wonder if they'll manage to at last do a proper teamup in this era of PR, obviously these two would be up for it...

Mark

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  15. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yoshi didn't even know his brother got cast in the next show? Wow. :eek: Way to keep a secret!

16. Samurai8472

Something of Toqger has slipped in. For those that don't know Toqger was skipped in favor of adapting Kyoryuger/Dino Charge.

It might have looked goofy but it had heart

Baron Nemo in Toqger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Mark_Nguyen

Doing some YouTube research, it seems that Yoshua was involved in the casting process, but had been set up by the producers at Saban for the express purpose of the reveal you see. They actually first called Peter to tell him he didn't land the gig, then let him tell his brother the bad news, and THEN told him he'd won and to keep it a secret until the reveal at Power Morphicon.

The host handed out envelopes to the Dino Charge cast to read out one by one, keeping Yoshua's to the end, so his response was as genuine as you could get. It really seems like the DC cast bonded well over the two years they were together, they looked just as surprised. Here's a much better look at the payoff, at 3:35:

Looks like both Sudarso brothers are active bloggers AND Ranger nerds. Peter's wife is the same and her video about how they kept the whole thing as a surprise for Yoshua is pretty neat.

It further seems that both brothers auditioned not only for Dino Charge, but also for Megaforce (dodging a bullet for the latter, I'm sure!). And it seems that the Ninja Steel filming blocks are four and then three months with a month break in the middle, per year - which for 20 episodes per season equates to MORE than a week per episode on average? Or are they Adding in extensive prep/rehearsal time?

Mark

18. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I'm glad you're enjoying Zyuranger but it is usually considered as one of the not so great sentais. Wait until you see other ones, there are some real gems in the franchise.

Go-Busters was skipped in favor of Kyoryuger, ToQger was skipped in favor of Ninninger/Ninja Steel. ;)

19. Mark_Nguyen

Someone somewhere posted that the animal-based sentai shows tended to be better received than the machine-based ones, and further that the more fanciful occupation themes (i.e. ninjas, samurai) were better received than the more realistic ones (i.e. spies, first responders, train drivers). I'm not sure how this translates to PR, but Saban obviously has a thing for dinosaurs and the three we've had are generally better remembered than most vehicle-based ones (RPM being a notable exception, and my personal favorite season SPD).

Ninninger happens to have animals, vehicles AND ninjas as part of its theme, so they're covering all the bases. And Zyuoger is pretty solidly in the animal kingdom, so perhaps Saban will decide to go for it and not skip over a year - though I suppose it will depend on whatever Toei comes up with next. We'll know THAT in a couple months, I suppose.

Mark

20. Christopher

They're just following Super Sentai's lead. It was Toei's choice to do dinosaurs three different times, and Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger is a pretty obvious homage to Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. With the exception of Go-Busters and ToQger, Saban has adapted every Sentai season since Zyuranger in order (although they used little from Dairanger and Kakuranger besides FX footage).