Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

It was a very good episode to conclude the first season. I liked Fury's appearance, May beating the crap out of Ward, Fitz revealing his true feelings for Simmons when he thought he would die, etc.

The scene where Garrett awakened in the lab and got blown to bits by Coulson was classic. "Guys, I found it." :guffaw: If Nick Fury is dead as most people know, does he really have the authority to promote Coulson to director? I guess it doesn't really matter as long as Coulson has the Toolbox and he starts rebuilding SHIELD. Could his cryptic writings have any connections to Guardians of the Galaxy, coming out this summer? It would be yet another interesting tie-in.

ETA:

Flowers knows Skye's monster father, who's still very much alive. Bring on Season 2!

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

About the only thing I had a problem with was Fury's appearance during the climax. Just having him standing there next to Coulson while they traded barbs with Garrett took me right out of the show. Certainly there's a lot going on, and Fury's reappearance was pretty great, but everything came to a screeching halt with the scene in the lab until Deathok turned on Garrett. I've my own theories on why it was written that way, but otherwise the episode was stellar. Bring on Season 2!

3. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that was the point. The heroes couldn't really do anything until Deathlock was on their side.

4. Yminale

He was also in a bathtub. Could it be Namor?

5. Yminale

I would certainly watch it being a huge Deathlok fan but it would be too much like the Incredible Hulk TV series.

6. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I remember correctly, the old Koenig also said us, and Providence was empty, so there probably aren't others at the Playground.

7. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just want my FitzSimmons back.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Odds are that he's going to be brain damaged.

Of course brain damaging a super genius, might just downsize his intellect into "slightly above average" which isn't awful, but he's still smart enough to be really pissed off about his change in faculties.

Flowers for Fitz.

How hard would it be for Leo to replicate what happened to Sam Sterns?

(In Thunderbolts recently they were using the word "Leader" as a pejorative collective noun, as if "Leaders" were a prevalent subspecies of Gamma-mutates flocking like lemmings and ruining everyone's day.)

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  9. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

Btw, the mysterious diagram drawn by both Garrett and Coulson?

Go back and check what Akela Amador was supposed to steal in Episode 4, Eye Spy.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mysterious? It's Kryptonian.

11. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder how much input Joss Whedon had on the finale because some of those scenes seemed like classic-Whedon (Almost everything Fury said, the blowing up of Garrett out of nowhere)

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Skrull, actually.

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think it's Kree, actually. Apparently the same lettering is one one of the Kree characters in the GotG trailer. It's also on the Guest's corpse.

Skye's "father" on the other hand I'm guessing might actually be Skrull. Maybe the reason he's covered in blood is that he's recently changed form? It'd be nice for once if a sci-fi shape-shifter couldn't do so at will but had to take time to heal after what for most organisms would be a massive trauma.

Also, that was a chair he was sitting on, not a bath.

14. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm even more confident that Skye and Raina are Inhumans now. The fact that Raina is worried about what she'll become (such as maybe when exposed to the Terrigan Mist), and the fact that Skye's alleged father is covered in blood and hiding out like that really drives the idea home for me.

And, again, the strong connection they have with the Kree only makes it that much more likely. It would even explain why Garrett, who likely picked up some Kree understanding as he "saw the universe", was able to figure out what would happen to Raina since it was the Kree that basically created the Inhumans in the first place. So even that fits with the theory.

15. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I would be surprised if he hadn't done a polish on this one. The Garrett bit at the end was definitely pure Joss.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The season finale was awesome. It had some awesome moments, like Fury and Coulson just bantering at the raving Garrett, or Coulson just casually disintegrating Garrett as he's trying to make the cliche "villain isn't as dead as you thought" stuff. The stuff with Skye's Dad and Coulson's weird alien knowledge looks interesting. I'm really excited for season two, its going to be a long wait.

17. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I ablsolutely loved the "destroyer gun" and "I know what this does."

I noticed that Simmons kissed Fitz about 6 times but not on the kisser, he loves her and she thinks he is her little brother. This, plus brain damage can mean some strange changes for our little Fitzy next time around.

This was a great Finale. A real sense of closing up but leaves a lot of stuff to explore for next year. I can't wait for next season already.

I didn't know Fury worked for the Psi Cops.

18. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

So Garrett and Coulson both drew that mysterious diagram because both of them were injected with GH-325?

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, "hypergraphia" was listed as one of the possible side-effects in that classified video Coulson sent Fury . . ..

20. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Is Fury not wearing the eyepatch because of ownership issues? Or because he's incognito.

Plus after they say the super soldiers will revert to normal when the centipede stuff is removed and their eye-bombs removed, they show Fury's missing eye. Was he an experimental super soldier?