JJ not directing SW Ep8/9

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

2. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Linky pleasey.

3. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Mirrors the original trilogy then. Do we even think there will be a ST4? Information is hardly easy to come by from the Bad Robot team...

4. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

if ST3 makes 500m+ I think theyd do a 4

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

With a smaller budget for '3', I think '4' would be a no-brainer if it does as well financially as Into Darkness. But I'd just as soon they reboot again at that point and see another creators vision.

6. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

I believe you mean reboot for the first time. Which come to think about it may be impossible. I mean, how can you tell something is a "reboot" rather than simply being set in another "parallel" universe?

7. BillJ

Does it matter either way? After three films, I'll be ready to move to another creators vision of the first adventure of the Enterprise or Picard and Data on the Stargazer. After 700-hours in one continuity, I'm ready for a multitude of creators to take on Star Trek without continuity holding them back.

8. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

What? The philosophical implications alone ...

Well its a different way of looking at Star Trek, but I guess three movies is like having seven seasons on TV ... sort of.

9. BillJ

I never said anything like that. I never want to see seven seasons of Star Trek on TV again.

10. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I don't have a problem calling the new movies a reboot, even with the alternate reality angle.
    Interesting, I hadn't thought about the possibility of ANOTHER reboot so soon. I'm really still interested in this version. I just hope whatever happens we get more Trek movies and tv shows (and that the novels continue). I worry that if the next movie doesn't do well that new Trek won't be forthcoming.
    I am excited about the possibility of a reboot TNG, presumably in continuity with the Abrams movies.

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Agree with BillJ. I would only want five seasons at the most, and with a story arc, not that episodic formula bullshit where the ship visits a planet of the week that nobody cares about.

12. BillJ

I'm really not interested in seeing Star Trek return to television at all. There's just so much of it. I'm perfectly happy with a movie every few years and reading the occasional novel/comic.

13. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I'd love to have a new tv series, but I would like to see more larger story arc and less episodic format.

14. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the whole point of hiring actors so young is that they could do Star Trek for 10+ years. Why reboot after only three movies?

I'd be happy to have a new Star Trek series if it was done well. The last one ended 10 years ago, I think that's long enough.

15. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

Give J. Michael Straczynski a shot.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same thing, really.

17. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

So there is no such thing as a reboot. I knew it! :lol:

18. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's funny. You're funny.

19. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

So you want Star Trek to reboot every three movies, which means that we are going to be stuck in a reboot loop forever?

The nuTrek movies have been explained in a clever way, but let's leave it at that. Please, no more reboots! Please let's have an original crew with an original story, and I'll be happy!

20. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

A shot of what?