Maybe they should’ve used the Borg for Nemesis

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Khan 2.0, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Captain Jed R.

Captain Jed R. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think Stewart's face is less mortification and more "are you actually that dumb?".

2. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, Baird's kind of looming over Stewart there...

3. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

4. Khan 2.0

i think Q couldve been worked into a borgified Nemesis somehow, as a sort of belated sequel/wrap up to QWho

5. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Nero, and the stupid Remans, yes, absolutely.

ROMULUS FOR ROMULANS! :rommie:

6. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Climax: Picard is running for his life....he's pretty sure he's gonna die...he's at the top of a mountain...and what does he see? A CUBE! He doesn't know that Data is on board and to save him. Please, Captain. Not in front of the Borg.

7. Khan 2.0

8. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

If the Borg were involved in Nemesis, Janeway would have had a bigger role.

9. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

The Romulans were the TNG cast's most frequently seen recurring villain. For them to be the "nemesis" was entirely appropriate. Or would have been, at any rate.

10. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My stance on Nemesis has softened considerably over the years. It is a flawed film, sure, but every time it comes on TV, I can't NOT watch the rest of it, no matter what point I start.

Agreed.

I would have been more happy if rather than Nero, we had Sela making a coup d'etat. heck, I wouldn't have minded if it were with the help from the Remans: IE after her failure in Reunification SELA was sent to the mines of Remus. In the Series, next to Q and Daimon Bok, Sela was really the closest thing Picard had to a Nemesis.

Also, I would have liked it better if they were insistent on having a brother for Data, that they used Lore. I mean we know he was deactivated, but it was never stated his body was destroyed. Lore's body could have been covertly stolen by the Romulans with the intent to replace Data, instead of a clone to replace Picard. Maybe "B4" could have been revealed to be Lore, playing dumb or just reprogrammed by the Romulans which caused the slowness...but with Data's memory download, it changed Lore, finally over-ridding his narcissistic impulses, and where through Data's death, he finally is redeemed?

11. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I have long championed the idea of having Lore in "Nemesis." It would surely have been better than what we got. Data's entire story arc for "Nemesis" is nothing but contrived, from the discovery of ANOTHER Soong android to his poorly conceived death scene. Throw out B-4, Shinzon and the Remans entirely, and instead focus on the Romulans and Lore. The only thing I can't reconcile is how to explain the hostility of the Romulans, who seemed on good terms with Starfleet as of the end of Deep Space Nine a couple of years earlier. Would it be a rogue group (as presented in "Nemesis") who reactivate Lore, or are these villainous cousins of Vulcans working on orders from the Praetor, himself?

12. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

If you did Borg in Nemesis, bring back Locutus--Patrick Stewart in a dual role. Either a Borg clone or a dimensional counterpart. Lore for B4, with Lore giving up his Matrix to save his brother.

13. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

This is one of the biggest problems I had with Nemesis, they had several characters from the series that would have slotted into the movie far better than what we got - Lore, Locutus, hell even Sela would have made more sense than Shinzon, they had the chance to do a TUC-style with Romulans finale to the TNG movies and they blew it.

14. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am clamoring that they do something original for the NuTrek. Talk about creatively bankrupt. "We need money! Let's bring in the Borg!" At least the franchise tried something new with Shinzon.

15. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really. Shinzon was more Khan-like than (nu)Khan.