What was your favorite Season of Fringe?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jan 21, 2013.

?

What was your favourite Season of Fringe?

1. Season 1

25.0%
  2. Season 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Season 3

75.0%
  4. Season 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Season 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that Fringe is over what is your favorite season of the show?

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Season Three by a mile. It was the only year I truly enjoyed the show. The opening arc switching between realities was the high point of the series, and the second half was almost as good.

S1-2 was just chock full of standalone episodes I did not care at all for. There were only a handful of good episodes. I actually stopped watching mid-way through S2.

Season Four was, enh. I really REALLY did not like the fact that the continuity rebooted, we weren't with the same characters anymore, and the mirror universe was gone.

Season Five wasn't very good either. I commend them for moving into a Observer-ruled future, BUT every episode was just about going after some Macguffin and I just didn't care.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season 3 was unbelievable good. Season 1 was pretty good too. The rest... meh.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^^

What did you like about S1? I found it pretty uninteresting until they revealed the alternate reality, but that was only a couple episodes. For the most part it was an uninspiring X-Files "homage" that didn't seem to be going anywhere, and I got really sick of them keeping around the Human Target guy.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

My order...

I wish the show ended with season 4, and just replace the last 30 seconds with something else.

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 3 was my favorite. Season 4 started off slowly but picked up steam in the latter half. Season five has been almost as good as 3. I liked Fringe from the start. Loved the Heinlien-esque lineup of old man, young guy, young girl. Loved Walter. This character helped sustain the show for me through some of the more mundane standalones.

I also appreciated the fact that unlike the X-Files, Fringe was about the real physical world rather than the paranormal. Though I recognized they were going for an X-Files dynamic, I thought it was nice that they drew the line somewhere.

7. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Without question...Season 3!

I enjoyed season 1 and Season 2 was fun, but season 3 was the highpoint of the series. I considered the entire parallel universe plot to be at the core of the series and season 3 was where it reached its peak. I loved the flip flopping between the Red and Blue universes...and frankly it was always fun to find the little easter egg details that showed the differences between universes. Plus I found the first alternate future far more interesting than the one we ended up spending time undoing.

8. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

That was fun. I think my favorite was the movie theater marquee showing Back to The Future, with Eric Stoltz.