It was all a misunderstanding....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Samurai8472, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

Instead if knocking, I suggest leaving notes on her car and asking her to lunch where she works, if that doesn't work start sending her packages in the mail.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

So, you're a stranger who approached a young ladies house, gave her unwanted solicitation, came back after she was aboviously not interested, then you -- the stranger -- asked to be friends with her on Facebook?

Creepy to one of the highest degrees. I'd have called the police too, if some guy (or woman) did that.

But keep up the good work -- Republicans need to House and Senate seats come 2013. Also, you're getting some exercise, so that's always a plus.

Goddamn -- I've not even heard of Mormans trying the back door. Trespassing, too.

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I imagine he's probably got the point by now.

4. tharpdevenport

Ah...

No. Doesn't look like it.

This reminds me of the guy who came into the library the other day and when a girl sat a couple chairs away from him, spoke to her saying (best I recall):

"Excuse me, I'm not trying to be wird or anything, but you smell real good. What ever it is, you smell real good"

:wtf:

And it was in that voice you hear serial killers talk in on programs about them (yeah, seen some).

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You didn't even know her! She was a "customer" you met briefly while at work. I'm more creeped out by how devastated you are about blowing a deep relationship with a woman you met for two seconds. That's creepy obsession right there.

6. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not like me to say the right thing, but the thing about blowing "any chance of seeing her forever" made me think that maybe the OP is a lot younger than we think.

7. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

For me, it reinforces the idea that he somehow had seen her around before. You don't get that attached just by talking to someone who then quickly dismisses you!

Mr Awe

8. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

...at least, most people don't...

9. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

What's wrong, don't you like it when we come together as a community?

10. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

I asked him upthread how old he is, but he didn't respond.

11. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Good.

12. tharpdevenport

How would it help? I've met fully grown adults and old folk like that.

13. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

True. I guess I'd be a little more understanding if I knew he were very young. The older he (or anyone else like that) is, the less excuse for being so naive or oblivious or whatever you want to call it.

14. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

If he were High School or College age, he would be more likely to set his sights on someone in High School or College (uh, respectively). He wouldn't go after someone from a random door-to-door canvas. My guess is post-grad from college, Mid to Late 20s.

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Creepy guy is creepy

16. tharpdevenport

Ceiling Samurai8472 is watching you -- okay, okay. Never mind.

17. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have not been able to get this song out of my head since I first read this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLVrB3FXbPA

Every time I try to embed a youtube video I fail, otherwise I would have embedded that at least two pages ago.

18. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Huh. Maybe it would have worked better if you'd used the front door. People usually go to the back door if the want to be all sneaky-like (and thus, stalker-like).

Also if you knock on someone's door after having met them once on the street, it tends to creep people out. Personally, I can't blame her for requesting the assistance of the police in such a situation.