Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Oh wow!!!!!!

Avengers quinjet looks much bigger than S.H.I.E.L.D. quinjets.

I wasn't expecting Ultron to have that human-looking of a face.

2. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That gave me shivers. The Hulkbuster, Spader's voice, the broken shield...

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Poor Agents of SHIELD.

5. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Well that doesn't look epic at all.

6. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Does anyone really watch AoS? My friends have all stopped. They've said it's rubbish and mostly meh.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

SHIELD wasn't that great in the first 2/3 of the first season but it's gotten very good since then.

While I was initially disappointed that Ultron doesn't have the traditional unmoving face with a huge open mouth... that was a damn sinister look at the end of the trailer :eek:

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Don't you mean "Poor Warners/DC Comics"? ;)

9. Myko

Myko Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

10. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

That trailer looked kinda boring to me tbh. Just "more of the same". I wonder when people will get tired of comic adaptations.

11. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Naw see because WB/DC has Arrow, Flash, Gotham and a new JLA series in development by Bruce Timm.

Pick up the pace Marvel/Disney, WB/DC is on your heels.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The trailer was awesome, I think the movie is going to be great.

As for agents of SHIELD, at this point its easily one of my favorite shows on right now, even beating The Flash and Arrow (which are both very good). It would have been nice if AoS had gotten the reveal, but I don't think its going to hurt the show. Its really on fire right now, and hopefully it doesn't need a trailer based ratings bump.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

2012 called, and it told me the answer is "any day now".

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

For a huge movie like this, the airplane that drops Black Widow (on motorcycle) looks so bad.. and so obviously only CGI, that it makes me wish CGI had never been invented., There goes innovation right out the window

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

AND MINE!!

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok I'm going to make some points:

First I'll reiterate what I said above, that the plane BW comes out from looks so fake, it's just awful. And even the shots that have decent Special Effects.. they all have no charm, nothing interesting, nothing we haven't seen before.

- One big reason the first film was the juggernaut that it was was that even people who hadn't seen the individual Phase One films could generally jump on board to see these heroes come together on screen for the first time. It was an event... and there was something innately cool about seeing them fight initially and then working together. The story, such as there was one, was perfunctory (though effective enough) and was just an excuse to see the heroes come together. Comic book movie fans encompassed a relatively small percentage of that film's actual audience.. it was marketed to the masses under the selling point of everyone coming together. No one really cared why they came together (most people wouldn't be able to name the alien race that attacked) so it seems a stretch that the masses that this new film is aimed for really cares so much about this Ultron character.. he's just something for them to fight. But even more basic than that.. the overall populace has already seen these characters come together already.. the novelty of that has been done, it's over.

- This might sound a bit crude and offensive, but Aaron Taylor Johnston's Quicksilver, with his moppy haircut, five o'clock shadow, and clueless face, looks a lot like James Holmes, who killed moviegoers opening knight of Dark Knight Rises." There, I've said it.

- I Got No Strings might make for a good trailer, but it is pretty thin as the theme for a film.

17. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

It at least looked better than the first Avengers, which is just an unspeakably ugly film (although this trailer has nearly every object of focus dead-center in the frame, which is odd and reminds me once again that Whedon is a television director and not a particularly adept one at that), so I'll give it points for that and Spader. The whole "villain gives an ominous voiceover while an eerie song plays" thing is kind of played out at this point, though.

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Firstly that trailer was all kinds of awesome! Forget about my body...my soul is ready for this film. That is how a "teaser" trailer is done(aren't teases usually 1min, but I digress).

Seeing the broken up IM costume emerge from the shadows and confront the team while talking about them being puppets with tangled strings was creepy. Then the conclusion about Ultron having no strings!

I'm guessing your friends stopped watching at what...episode 5, 8? Their opinion is invalidated as they no longer are forming an opinion based on the shows growth.
    You know, I wouldn't argue the show took the first 1/2 of season one to lay ground work, develop characters etc perhaps even slower than some shows do. However, once it came back from the winter hiatus and especially after Cap2 all that groundwork paid off AND Season 2 only hit the ground running and is throughly enjoyable.

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Fantastic teaser! :eek:

From the eerie music to the deep tremor of James Spader's voice (even if it sounded more like Ben Kingsley than himself), from the Hulkbuster suit to Don Cheadle in the mix, from the gentle Hulk moment to the broken Captain America shield, this was the right mix of tease of everything. I cannot wait.

Speaking of Don Cheadle's brief appearance in the teaser, the overall reaction shot of Ultron's appearance, we can see Tony, Thor, Cap, Bruce, Hawkeye, Natasha, Rhodey and two other females. I can't really make out who they are. Any guesses?

Also, any ideas who Andy Serkis is playing based on his brief appearance? I saw the earlier post about some villain for Black Panther but I'm not familiar with that character (the villain).

In the words of John Locke, "We're going to need to watch that again." :D

20. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Pepper Potts and Maria Hill would be my guesses.

EDIT: Upon reviewing, from left to right it looks like Banner, Romanoff, either Hill or Jane Foster, Thor, Rogers, Scarlet Witch, Rhodey, Stark, and Barton.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014