Ideas for episodes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by hux, May 17, 2013.

1. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was reading in SFX that the original idea for Course:Oblivion was for the crew to get home to Earth (cue celebrations, fireworks etc) and then the twist at the very end.....they're clones

There was also apparently an idea about a planet that watched the adventures of Voyager and copied everything about it and created a whole culture based on what they saw which never happened either

Personally, i like the original idea for Course: Oblivion and definitely think it would have been a lot better than the episode we actually got

So does anyone have any episodes they would liked to have seen in Voyager (new ideas or continuations of ideas already seen in other episodes)

The one i'd like to see would be an episode where the universal translator stops working (TBH i'm amazed Star Trek has never done this episode already....i guess they like to avoid questions about the universal translators.....countless computer malfunctions and not once has it affected the universal translators....hhmmm) So basically, the humans can only understand each other, the Vulcans, Bolians etc likewise, Neelix...god knows....and of course the Doctor could understand everyone....it'd basically be a bottle episode with Janeway, Paris, Tuvok, Vorik, Neelix, Chell, maybe some random alien guests and The doctor (all done for laughs of course)

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The lizard babies grow into humans (rapidly) because the speeded up evolution doesn't stick and they seek out Voyager to answer the questions they have about their origins.

3. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

I really like the idea of a translator malfunction!

My idea: A holodeck mishap causes the EMH and Janeway's Irish lover to meld into one holomatrix who considers himself to be a new being and doesn't want to be destroyed to bring back the Doc and Sullivan.

Kidding.

I would have liked an episode (or episode arc) where Voyager finds an interplanetary society in the Delta quadrant very similar to the Federation, and much of the crew wants to remain there, even Janeway herself questioning whether she wants to get home. An idea touched on in the 37s, but this time much more fleshed out.

4. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

In the last scene of "Endgame", Shannon O'Donnell wakes up and realises that it's all just been a dream :lol:

5. teacake

:guffaw:

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well that would anger me a lot less than Benny Russell's awakening. Though yeah, even I'd say that wouldn't be fair to the hardcore Voyager fans. Endgame may have sucked, but that shouldn't invalidate the rest of the series! ;)

It's a pity too. My first watching for the first half I thought it was brilliant with the future/flashback bit until Admiral Clockblocker manipulated everything.

7. teacake

Manipulation, mmmm.....

8. R. Star

But but but... a flashback of the journey and a reunion would've been -brilliant- to end the series on. Instead we just get a videogame hacker turning on god mode, to defeat the Borg and get home all in a single unsatisfying stroke.

TIME TRAVEL IS USED TOO DAMN MUCH IN TREK!

9. teacake

I love time travel the way other people love romance. So I fail at being objective enough to ever register over use.

10. R. Star

I respect your candor madam! But... wait... isn't it you and Guy who go back and forth like this? Am I stepping in?!

11. teacake

To the shit? Yeah, plenty to go around.

12. Ain Jalut

Ain Jalut Lieutenant

I would had liked a Voyager Mirrror Universe arc.

13. R. Star

^
    Between Living Witness and Author, Author we pretty much got it.

14. Ain Jalut

Ain Jalut Lieutenant

Were they evli in Author, Author or just jerks?

15. teacake

Mulgrew vamping it up with leathers and lesbians.. she'd be better at that today than she would have in VOY era.

16. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In The Omega Directive, Seven of Nine admits to having the knowledge of assimilated Starfleet Captains.

I would like to see - after regaining more of her humanity - Seven teaching Kathryn how to be a better captain based on those experiences.

17. R. Star

I think Janewa-- I mean Jenkins phasering a patient qualifies as evil. Tuvok had the "EVIL(TM) goatee" too.

18. Bry_Sinclair

Ok, now time for a real idea...

Early in S1, one of the little people onboard can't handle what's happened to them and the fact that they may never see their family again and attempts suicide. They are saved and in sickbay recovering from the effort, where Janeway tries to counsel the crewman to help them come to terms with what has happened.

Meanwhile, the rest of the main characters discuss the idea of giving up, reassessing their own thoughts on their situation, etc.

It looks like Janeway is getting through to them, but its a ruse, the the character is ultimately successful, leaving their mark on the rest of the crew, and reinforcing Janeway's committment to the emotional needs of her people.

It would be a bit of a downer, but hey life can really suck sometimes.

19. teacake

After ONE year? On a nice ship with a holodeck?

20. Bry_Sinclair

On a nice ship with holodecks, 70 years from home, with a bunch of terrorists, under constant attack.