Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

the thing on CS/SHH annoys me as i have NO IDEA who the hell all those women are.

BUT i did think the one who's apparently Emma Stone looked like she fit MJ...

2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Emma Stone has been offered Mary Jane but that does not mean that she has been officially cast. However, I don't see her rejecting the offer, so I'm pretty sure that means she's the next MJ. I think she's solid casting- providing she accepts- and should do well in the role.

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Emma Stone certainly looks like my idea of Mary Jane Watson, much more than wasserface ever did. Dianna Agron is right on the money for Gwen Stacy. However I still object to this entire movie on principle. :rommie:

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Emma Stone as Mary Jane? Finally! We get a hot actress! :p

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Emma accepts I'm all in.

6. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think she's more cute than hot but she works for me as MJ.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well I think Emma Stone is hot, and anyone who votes down on her (G)BOW thread will get banned. :p

She's also not a real redhead, believe it or not.

8. Jack Bauer

I would question the existence of someone's sexuality if they gave her a thumbs down.

9. Admiral_Young

I've been a big fan of hers since I saw her last year in "Zombieland". I think she would do a terrific job as MJ.

10. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? Cause as a gay man I can safely say I really don't care who plays MJ as long as they seem to do justice to the character.

I will be very curious to see Andrew Garfield's take on Spidey though. Liked him in Doctor Parnassus, and am curious to see him in The Social Network.

11. Admiral_Young

For some reason I think the reboot version of Mary Jane will be based on the Ultimate Spider-Man version of the character which is considerably different than her 616 counterpart and not just because she's a teenager. Either way it will be interesting to see how different this movie is from the Rami films. I'm starting to slowly come around from my original opinion on the project.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I just watched Zombieland last night for the first time and Emma gets my supreme support for MJ.

13. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I'm someone who was never really a huge fan of the original trilogy. The villains were well done, but I just couldn't get into Toby McGuire and Kirsten Dunst, so I am looking forward to this movie. As long as they get the tone of the comics right, I'll be happy.

14. Admiral_Young

15. Jack Bauer

I meant of someone straight. For some reason that got omitted. And I usually don't proofread so I missed that I missed it.

16. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the clarification. :)

17. JacksonArcher

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:thumbdown:

:lol:

With Emma as Gwen Stacey it leaves the door open for Elena Satine as MJ! :drool:

19. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    For a while, the rumors were that Spider-Man 2 would be called The Amazing Spider-Man. Do you suppose Columbia might use that title for the reboot franchise to distinguish it from the Raimi films?

My best friend used to work with Emma Stone at Valley Youth Theater. He's now kicking himself for not having the prescience to suck up to her.:p

20. JacksonArcher

Note to Emma Stone: Stay away from bridges...