"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't blame them there. But she's still a right pain the you know what :p.

Yea he is, but it looks like he's trying to become somewhat less of one. So working with Beckett isn't all bad. She's rubbing off on him.

Me too. Just seeing her realize some of that last night made me grin a bit. It's good to see some of that ice melt off of her :).

2. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I LOL'd at the opening gag of Castle as Elvis, so this episode was a net win. Yeah, the Alexis sub-plot was pretty weak. I kept expecting some sort of twist on the cliche. The rest was good fun.

3. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea that was good. And the parts with them solving the case were good... didn't mind Alexis's plot myself. Thought it was somewhat weak, but funny :lol:. It was good to see her handle the situation in the way that she did.

The only issue I had was with the Chief. Other than that, this episode was good enough.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm really excited for "Killshot" in two weeks. Kate breaking down, a sniper lurking about it. It looks interesting. As for describing Rick and Kate as "Caskett" I'll repeat myself. I happen to love the shipper aspect of the show and have embraced the fan given title. If someone doesn't want to call them that then don't. Is it silly? Dur. Most shipper given names are silly. Do you want to have fun and enjoy this show? Yes? Then join in with the shippiness!!! :) Otherwise feel free to address them as Rick and Kate. Stana and Nathan themselves don't mind the term, I don't see why it is such a big deal other than Christopher doesn't like it.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Ahh, the Internet... where every idle comment that would be just a brief aside in a normal conversation ends up getting debated to death for 20 pages.

6. Admiral_Young

^ Except you didn't make "Caskett" a brief aside you made a big deal about it and added "civilized people" essentially insulting the rest of us who do like and use the term. Civilized people do use Caskett. It is a term of affection.

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Aaaaand we're off for another 20 pages!

8. Admiral_Young

Nah I'm done now :)

9. Christopher

See, that's the problem with the Internet. There are no nonverbal cues so people constantly misread each other's intent, and that's a constant problem for folks whose mode of conversation includes offhand snarky or sardonic or deadpan remarks, because inevitably someone's going to assume you're "making a big deal" or had some passionate emotional investment in what you said. People online just take each other too seriously and get too defensive.

10. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

What the hell do you mean by THAT!?!? :klingon:

;)

11. Saxman1

Saxman1 Commodore Commodore

My wife, who adores Fillion said that, but I've noticed he looks heavier each season. As a co-worker said, "If you don't need makeup/padding to pull off the 'Fat Vegas Elvis' look, it's time to stay away from the sweets table, Nathan!":guffaw:

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Him gaining weight has become very noticeable.. compare him from season 1 to now (and if you want go all the way back to Firefly days).

It hasn't gotten so bad that they need to hide a big gut but he's definitely putting on the pounds.. it's far from me to impose any view on him as a person but i think they took the relationship gut thing a bit too soon in motion ;)

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Well, you can attribute some of the difference between Fillion today and Fillion during his Firefly days to simple aging. Firefly was nearly a decade ago, after all. But yeah, even the difference between how he looked in Season One of Castle and today is pretty striking.

14. Admiral_Young

Yep he has definitely been gaining some weight. It is very visible in his face mostly. Maybe they've asked him to put on a few pounds? Or he is letting loose! Either way I don't think it is that much of a big deal and if he gets a role where he needs to loose it it isn't that much in my opinion.

15. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

This is hysterical. You teach the course on taking a single off-hand remark and running with It paragraph after paragraph.

16. Christopher

But that's because I'm exploring it as an intellectual or factual question. I'm not making assumptions about the other poster's emotional investment in the topic. (Well, not usually.)

17. Admiral_Young

Okay I think it is time to drop this particular topic. I realize it has nattered on because of my emotional reaction to Christopher's slight of hand comment. I know he wasn't attacking anyone in general but making a comment with regards to something he felt was a ridiculous term. It is a ridiculous term but I became a fan the show thanks to the relationship between the two characters and use it as merely a term of affection to describe them. So with that said can we not continue to bring it up and simply refer to Rick and Kate's relationship as we want to? :)

I'm kind of surprised that no one has brought up "Killshot" yet? No one else see the awesome promo after the episode?

18. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Since it's sweeps time again (and i did my research ;)) i'm pretty positive that Killshot (and Cuffed.. the episode after it) will be "heavy" episodes, i.e. either moving the characters forward or the Johanna Beckett murder case forward.. sometimes both. The preview was awesome and a good way to show that being shot by a sniper (a professional killer and not some store robber who doesn't know what he's doing) will have a profound effect that a few therapy sessions most likely won't be the end of it all.

Also.. Cuffed had a closed set for a few scenes which makes me absolutely giddy in anticipation.. cautiously optimistic that either one (or even both) will reveal their feelings to the other :techman:

19. Christopher

Hopefully we'll get a lot of Michael Dorn as Beckett's therapist.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I second this :klingon: