I miss Star Trek.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Dale Sams, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why put this in the Voyager section? Cause I'm watching some eps on Netflix I haven't seen before, and am quite enjoying them...where as when Voyager aired, I was pretty 'enh.'

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  3. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I've heard they are possibly making a Star Track movie. Don't know if it's true.

4. JanewayRulz!

The 2nd version of the rebooted Star Trek (Chris Pine as Kirk) will be coming out in 2013. :bolian:

5. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They're fine for what they are, but are ultimatly a dead end. I don't see myself having any enotional connections. Hell, I felt more for Winona Ryder, than I anticipate having for any of the recast characters.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Read Kirsten Beyer's Voyager novels. Full Circle, Unworthy, Children of the Storm and The Eternal Tide are all excellent.

Also, watch the new Trek movie in 139 days.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

8. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Thank you. I was being facetious, but thank you nonetheless. ;)

9. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    When i miss Voyager so much i watch Year of Hell or Endgame and when i feel very emotional i watch 3 or 4 episodes that feature Sevens transition to humanity i really really love infinite regress,someone to watch over me,imperfection,dark frontier....amazing love Voyager so much.

10. JanewayRulz!

Looks cool.

Let's hope Captain Singh lets her inner "Khan" out once in a while. We certainly know from watching her "Livia" on X:WP that Adrienne is more than equal to the task of being a royal biotching warrior, if need be. :rommie:

11. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472

omg!!!!:bolian: thank you so much i really love this ST Renegades

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This was pretty much how I felt after finally watching the entirety of Enterprise on Netflix. At the time they lost me midway through season 2, but I warmed up to it over the years with the absence of non-JJ Trek.

Honestly I think we'll never see another series outside the 3rd party fan productions. Renegades looks like they have the best bet of getting something going.

13. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it will do just fine.
    There are a few generations that have never seen TOS.
    This will be the Trek for the next, next generation.

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't miss it, I am saturated in the damn thing.

15. teacake

I watched that vid JRulez and the opening scene enraged me because the books spent pages and chapters and story arcs and months with Harry and Tom really really angry and hurt with each other. In the most dumbass soap opera angsty way. Not slashy, just horrible goddawful teenage melodrama. Such utter crap.

Book flashback LOL.. not mad at the vid or the VOY, but the books.

16. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One day Star Trek will be back on our screens. No longer as a mediocre series of lens flare effects and action scenes but as the Trek we all know and love.

YOU CANNOT DESTROY AN IDEA!

IT'S REEEEEAL!

17. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The movies are awesome but it's not the same has having a thing to consistently look forward to week to week. I'll definitely keep an eye on that Star Trek: Renegades idea.

Though I'm not holding my breath to see another TV series. Or if we did, I would hope it has either a totally new creative staff or a return of Ron Moore.

I quit Enterprise near the beginning of season 3. The last straw I think was when Trip's 'vulcan erotic headache massage' turned into a makeout session. Maybe I should give those last two seasons a second chance.

18. teacake

You should. Season 3 is one long story arc with minimal interruptions and Season 4 has many double and triple episodes. The whole tone is ramped up. You will probably find stuff to dislike in those seasons but really, that can be said of any Trek season.

19. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are so many other good shows on TV now: Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Supernatural, Being Human, etc. that I don't miss Trek, at least not anymore.

20. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but all great TV shows on right now have 13 episode runs and gaps of more than a year. Like what Breaking Bad is pulling, having two short seasons with a gap of a year and pretending it's a single season, same thing Sopranos pulled in its last season.

They are great TV, but it's not the same as having a show on a full network schedule to be excited about.

And few other TV universes have the same richness of mythology Star Trek had. Not as easy to get lost in.