XXX3: The Return of Xander Cage

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Captain Craig, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Vin Diesel said way, way back that if things went well with the resurrection of the Fast & Furious franchise he wanted to use his clout to revisit Riddick and Xander. Well he made good on Riddick and Universal has given lip service to wanting a fourth film now.

Enter the Return of Xander Cage in a third XXX film. The second film saw Ice Cube take on the role of XXX where a line of dialogue made reference to Xander having died. Guess not. I'm guessing they could Samuel L. Jackson back as well to be handler role of Gibbons.

Can't say the Katy Perry idea works for me, lets get at least a real actress. Let's try to anyway.

Does the idea of Vin Diesel's Xander Cage returning get you curious?

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The first movie was horrible. Apparently, the second one was worse? Never saw it. I'd rather Diesel invest his efforts in something original, than revisiting this property, but I'm probably in the minority.

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Any movie that has Rammstein in the first ten minutes can't be all bad !

I loved xXx - roll on the new one !

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I really enjoyed the first one. And..., huh. I could have sworn they had already made a third one with Diesel making his reprisal.

I guess in the wake of Walker's death the F&F franchise isn't likely to go much further (but we'll see) it'd be nice to see Diesel in another xXx movie. I actually really like Vin Diesel in most of what his does, though I'm not a big fan of the "Riddick" movies.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

FF movies are not going anywhere, the last one made an insane amount of money and each one makes more money than the last. There will not be less than 9-10 FF movies.

Diesel likes doing the characters he has done and likes making his fans happy. He seems like a great guy. I think Riddick is his favorite character. :):)

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'm sure the FF movies will continue, just be interesting to see where they go from here without Walker.

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think her voice work as Smurfette wasn't bad. I don't know if "XXX Girl" requires too much acting prowess.

8. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

The first one was bad. The second was worse. The third could bring about the apocalypse.

9. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Rammstein song was the only good part of that movie. Everything else about it was terrible. I didn't bother to watch the second one.

10. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Despite liking the first one, I didn't see the second one either...

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Both bad; second worse. But trashy fun :). Be happy to see a third. CGI scenes will hopefully be better. Or preferably, limited or non-existent.

12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I think the biggest problem with the first XXX (I haven't seen the second) is that it was made as a PG-13 movie. If they'd gone for an R-Rated movie they probably could have done a lot more with it. Granted my memory of the movie is a little hazy as I only saw it the one time when it first came out.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Is that Death Of Xander Cage short (with a different actor) which was an extra on some of the DVDs of the second film worth looking out for?

I quite liked the first movie, though its no classic. It's amusing to think that at the time, they were trying to set this up as an alternative franchise to Bond (ironically, the sequel was directed by the maker of Die Another Day, which came out the same time as xXx). Only when Bourne came out did 007 really get a proper rival.