Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^To be honest, I never put any stock into the Gillan as Angela rumor.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

meh/yeah

Just not interested in Angela, even though I'll get my doss of her since I'm getting GotG comic.

Glad Karen is not playing her in the film.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So does that mean that the Spawn Universe now exists in the same multiverse as the Marvel ones?

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

The CGI's fine; it's the design that sucks. The face is way too small compared to its body to convey emotions, and while I'm not a toy buyer, good luck moving many figures and dolls of that. Also, those hands are much too small and frail to hold weapons. With artistic vision this poor, the movie's gonna suck for sure. :p

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It always has.

There's just armies of lawyers stalking the membranes between some universes in the multiverse.

Spawn personally has previously met up with Cerebus, Batman, Gen 13, Archie, Bone, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Savage Dragon, Spawn, Madman, The Maxx, Hellboy, Monkeyman and O'Brien, Shi, Strangers in Paradise, Wolverine, Sonic the Hedgehog, Miracle Man, and Witchblade among others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercompany_crossover

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

The raccoon is pretty good, though.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Posted this in Gillian thread in the DW forum:

Angela sounds like a riff on Valkyrie or Wonder Woman. Not sure what she brings to the GOTG or the Marvel Universe. I think Gaiman must have gotten more out of the deal that just money. Not sure what Marvel thinks they got. Angela isn't exactly A list.

8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Universal has scheduled 50 Shades of Grey for release on the same date as Guardians of the Galaxy, the 1st August 2014. Interesting matchup if both keep to that release date.

9. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Disney is going to need to put their marketing people in full force to make sure the average man on the street realizes this very different movie is a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

10. Guy Gardener

Mum and the kids go to the movies.

"I'll see you in two hours."

"Cool."

The world used to be a smaller safer place, but my mum used to work in a mall, and I'd see her after school when I was 6 or 7, and she'd send me to the movies by myself to stop bothering her, but then we also lived a 4 minute walk from that mall so it was basically my back yard anyway.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Could be trouble for GotG.

I see a Magic Mike meets Twilight type frenzy by women to see this.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder what the crossover audience is for those two films.

13. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Boyfriends and husbands going with their significant others to see 50 Shades could lead to more crossover than one would expect on first glance.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The guys could always go see GotG while the women go see 50SoG.

15. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

50 Shades will be a date movie for a lot of couples. The prospect of seeing an attractive actress, whoever it ends up being, in nude scenes and the prospect of the movie setting the mood for some action later means that guys will be far more amenable to going to the movie than they are to reading the book.

16. Guy Gardener

The trouble is, it's a date night only the female half of the relationship can initiate without the relationship ending. Besides and tediously boring "experimental" couples trying to be exciting are going to take one step into the theatre, see 80 single blokes in raincoats, and then take two steps out, to hide in the food court until they can go back home to face their children without admitting that they had made a terrible mistake.

The theatre'd have to have couples only sessions like they do with hottubs in the public pools.

DVD sales however?

17. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Don't think that'll be the case. Most date-less single guys who want to see the nude scenes will just download them from the internet rather than paying to see the movie.

18. Guy Gardener

I paid $20.50 to see Star Trek. A week later I had a cam on my harddrive I could watch at my leisure.

Some men feel the same about a woman getting tied up and whipped the same I do about Starships, Supermen and Prime Directives.

Oddballs.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Dare I ask how big a mess you'd make if a woman was tied up on a spaceship by Aliens and whipped according to their Prime Directive? :eek:

I'm not at all familiar with Guardians of the Galaxy, but, I'm familiar with Karen Gillan from Doctor Who. I hope whoever her character is, that she'll be a snarky bitch, Karen played that role well as Amy in Doctor Who several times.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched Slither yesterday, and I loved it. It's definitely raised by anticipation for this, although it'll obviously be a very different type of movie.