Do you think they could use the Borg in the next movie?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lance, May 26, 2013.

1. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Not to pee in the punchbowl, but will they sell tickets in 2016? Or will be be vampired and zombied out by then?

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I don't know. We've been doing zombie movies for a long time and fans of the genre seem to keep coming back for more.

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will he say "Oh my!" ?

4. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, and many fans will complain it was a mis-placed homage to Kirk's death in GEN and it took them right out of the moment. The movie was fine up until then.

5. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I look forward to the 78 page thread

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I don't want any Q involved either. Leave them out of it. The Q would not work well with Kirk (any version).

7. BillJ

Trelane worked with Kirk just fine in The Squire of Gothos.

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, and I'd rather see that than more space battles.

9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I never want to see the Borg again, thank you.

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

If Reimagined Borg walks through this door, he will kill TNG Borg! A Borg, divided against itself, cannot stand!

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Given that it's a new timeline, I think the Borg are fair game.

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Could they? Yes.

Will they? Probably.

It's the next logical step.

13. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am hearing echoes of myself saying No Khan! over the course of the last four years. :rolleyes:

TBTB have proven to me they can rehash old foes in fresh and invigorating ways so count me in, bring on the Borg! (Of course now that I have jumped on board the idea it won't happen)

14. Faria

Faria Lieutenant Red Shirt

i think in this timeline federation had explored all the galaxy

Maybe they willl do a movie about borg genesis

15. Norsehound

Norsehound Captain Captain

Please, let's not completely skip over the 78 episodes of the original series for more next-generation crap? There are plenty of challenges and species in the original series that haven't been on the air since the 60s. Do something interesting and creative with them, not re-hash Star Trek's most one-dimensional over-done boring antagonists.

I'm tired of the borg appearing everywhere. Anytime anything terrible and cosmic needs to happen, it's always blamed on the Borg, occasionally with a Locutus clone and/or the monologuing queen. Please. Give. It. A. Rest.

What about Gary Seven? The First Federation? The Tholians and Gorn? The Doomsday machine? What about Korby's android duplicates or the androids from Mudd's planet? (Or on that note, what about "The Old Ones" from Korby's world and Silvia's leaders from Catspaw?) Tribbles? The Salt Vampires? Real Andromedans from "By Any other name?"

There's a slew of stuff from the original series that hasn't been touched. Plenty of stuff to reinvent and make better than the Borg. Why does it occur to anyone to skip all of that to return to the Borg? As if they weren't toothless and stale enough?

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I think Kang, Kor and Koloth are more probable. They are TOS, and they are Klingons.

17. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

Could it be done? Sure! But I don't see it happening. They are clearly building on a good thing here with Khan and the Klingon war.

Both of those have a lot of untold stories left with them. The Borg have been done so often what is left that hasn't been covered by TNG, First Contact, Enterprise, and about 900 episodes of Voyager?

18. YARN

YARN Fleet Captain

And no one has heard of them.

And one year after the incident on Chronos, they're fitting the Enterprise for a five-year mission. The war appears to have been avoided.

Resistance is futile.

19. BillJ

Been a year between the Kronos incident and the end of the movie. If the Klingons were going to go to war, they would've already went.

20. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

From the sounds of what Admiral Marcus said, there had been several incidents leading up to what he believed was war. It's possible that this is just another one of those incidents, and war might not be immediate.

I mean, that at least makes 10x more sense than the Borg.