That one episode that stands out for you...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JesterFace, Sep 6, 2015.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

It wasn't tidy but there was a moral lesson..the episode was a response to the Gulf War, and was even more appropriate for the second Gulf War, where in fact, there were no WMDs.

2. Memory Alpha

Memory Alpha Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"Inheritance."

Has emotional depth, never becomes too sentimental (which is probably my issue with "The Inner Light," although I like that one very much), is well-paced, well written, and the sci-fi part of the story was interesting.

3. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

Now you're giving me the chills! That's some fine acting right there!

4. allstar77

allstar77 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have to go with Q Who. It starts out as another Q adventure, but I liked the hints about Q and Guinian. Best part is the introduction of the Borg. Sure, they'd get watered down and ruined in later appearances, but I love them here. Up till now all the Enterprise ever faced was Q and the Ferengi and neither seemed a threat. Nor the Romulans. It's the first time Trek meets sci-fi horror. Now if an alien had popped out of Pulaski's belly ...

5. JesterFace

Are you saying it was TNG that ruined the Borg or some other series/movie?

BTW, what was the last good Borg episode? :)

6. RogueVasad

RogueVasad Lieutenant Red Shirt

Should have been Generations.[/QUOTE]

The probelm is that in the case of the Wounded there was something. Its part of a long string of the Cardassian government of this period proving that it can't be trusted but the Federation ignoring this and forging a peace at all costs, or at least at a cost the Federation Council should have found unacceptable.

7. Amaraen

Amaraen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think it started with Star Trek: First Contact. In my meaningless opinion, I think the Borg should have been left alone after Descent. Hugh should have impacted the entire Collective, and they should have been changed for good.

I think First Contact took the Borg from a macro threat to a micro threat. I did not like several things: such as how the Borg now assimilate individuals, and also the entire idea of the Borg Queen. This was not the same Borg as Q Who? and The Best of Both Worlds. I think that Star Trek: Voyager was based far more on the First Contact Borg than the Borg from Next Generation.

JesterFace likes this.
  8. JesterFace

EXACTLY!

After 'I Borg', I've always thought of any Borg encounter where they act as a hive mind as "plothole". Picard did say that when Hugh rejoins the collective, a sense of individuality would be spread though the collective. And he does know a thing or two about the Borg...

There are these fanstories that before he rejoined he went through some "firewall" and all that but I think Picard knew what he was talking about.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks like this. :)

9. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Darmok. In my opinion this episode encapsulates everything that made TNG great.