Unidentified Spacecraft in Into Darkness

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Mountie1988, Oct 11, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I also don't see an NX/Connie/Refit/Excelsior/Ambassador/Galaxy/Sovereign evolution. I see evolution from NX-class to Akira class (with FASA's Loknar in-between), one from Excelsior to Sovereign (the latter coming with a half-sized version, Voyager and a mini version, Nova), from Constitution to Ambassador etc etc.

And of course, if the Sovereign can have the 2 smaller sister classes Intrepid and Nova, why can't the AU Starfleet have decided to make the Constitution-class a Sovereign-scale ship in one timeline and an Intrepid-scale ship in another? Particularly with different people with different ideals running Starfleet in the two histories (Admiral Nogura and Admiral Marcus)

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The page in M'Sharaks's link mentions a "brown hull variant". I adjusted the brightness & contrast on the screencap, so maybe it got more reddish as a result.

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

At one point during pre-production for TWOK, the producers wanted the Reliant to be colored yellow (I don't know if this was before or after the decision to make the Reliant a new design instead of another Connie, but I gather that it was after). Thankfully that didn't happen.

This red ship might have been left-over CGI from the fist film, as the ship chart in the Art of the movie book lists a red Armstrong-type vessel with the name Excelsior.

4. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Maybe to ensure the warp field around the ship is even and not lop sided favoring the side of the nacelle?

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Since all Federation ships are symmetrical, why would that be a problem? On any ship with an odd number of nacelles, the third nacelle (or, in the Freedom class, the ONE nacelle) is always in the middle.

6. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

Well, it's been a long while since I've got excited about an underused, hard to spot background ship.

JJverse...you just got yourself a new Akira class!
    (Personally, while fandom went crazy over the Akira I much preferred the even more underrated Steamrunner tbh)

I fully expect the producers to latch on to this soon and make a pre-TOS series with this class in, but the nacelles switched around ;)

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Maybe we will see more of this ship.