The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. 77sevenseven

77sevenseven Ensign Red Shirt

You can call me whatever fires your phazer :rommie:

2. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

3. Edge of Forever

Edge of Forever Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi, I'm Edge of Forever, I've been wondering around the forum for some year now and only really decided to join because I wanted to talk about the future of Trek after this new film.

I'm Sixteen Years old and have been a fan of Star Trek since I was, well, the first thing I ever remember watching on TV was TNG. I pretty grew with Star Trek, playing with Toys, catching in on TV every time. Even if it was a rerun I would never miss it.

So yeah, I'm a very big Trekkie and very open about it. My favourite episode is either City of the Edge of Forever (as my title might suggested) or Q Who, because it introduced my favourite villains.

So yeah, Hi.

4. The Exile

The Exile Ensign Red Shirt

Hello. I'm The Exile. I'm not actually exiled from anywhere, it's just a name I have on a few other forums and I don't have the cognitive capacity for multiple usernames.

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks, seeing the movie has reignited my interest in Trek. Loved TOS and Next Gen, not so keen on DS9, Voyager and Enterprise (although I hardly saw any of the latter, curse you Sky TV). I also believe the new Battlestar Galactica is the finest television in any genre of the modern era.

As far as I'm concerned, canon is something you fire canonballs from. All forms of banter gratefully accepted.

I live near Stonehenge and work as an air traffic controller.

5. Nova

Nova Cadet Newbie

Hi all, I'm Matt and I'm from the UK.

Long time Trek fan - I grew up with TNG back in the 80s/90s - but have been a bit ambivalent towards the franchise over the past few years.

Now, with the release of the new movie (which I haven't seen yet), I've found my appreciation for the series shooting up again and I'm currently ploughing my way through various relaunch books and old episodes, as well as writing some hackneyed fanfiction along the way...

My username was chosen for no particular reason other than the word popped into my head while I was filling out the registration form. Plus, it's easy to remember :lol:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  6. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

^when are you gonna watch the movie then? :)

and, welcome, everyone, to the madhouse! ;)

7. Nova Mist

Nova Mist Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm Alexandra, I'm 21, and I've been a Trekker pretty much my whole life (funnily enough, it was The Animated Series which got me into "Trek" - they used to run it when I was a little girl in amongst the Saturday morning cartoons).

It's great to be a member of this forum, and I look forward to speaking with you in he future!

8. RobertoRoss

RobertoRoss Ensign Red Shirt

9. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome, new people! :)

10. L1A1 Rocker

L1A1 Rocker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

New guy checking in. I followed a link here posted on the Sub-Odeon Star Treck web site and have been trolling for several weeks. I've been following the threads almost daily and finally decided to join up and maybe post some screen caps.

11. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hello all new people! :D

J.

12. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Shiny happy people holding hands...!

13. Amaris

Tra-la-la-lala. :D

*ahem*

It's great to see so many new members and new fans. :D

J.

14. twistedangel11

twistedangel11 Cadet Newbie

Hey y'all, I'm Michelle and I'm new to this board. I've been a member of other online communities for other fandoms so I'm not new to the message board thing. I have been a Star Trek: TNG fan since way back but the new movie totally has opened me up to the whole universe and how amazing it is. Anyway, that's my greeting, now I'm off to explore and post. :)

15. TrekSan

TrekSan Cadet Newbie

Hi, I am Phil. I am a Trekker living in the great state of Texas. Hence the name. TOS and then TNG ROCKED. I miss Voyager. I wish Enterprise had gone on..... I like the new movie and I thought DS9 was a waste of a perfectly good wormhole. If that isn't enough to get a conversation going...... Then I will add to the mix that I am a retired US Marine (81-03) and I tend to judge Star Fleet on a military level.

16. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

welcome TrekSan and everyone else! :)

17. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

I forgot to post an introduction here. I jumped right in about two weeks ago because I had to cast my vote for Spock in a certain thread. :adore:

I am, unfortunately, lame enough to have not discovered the awesomeness of Star Trek until after seeing the new movie. Despite mad obsessions with Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Batman, and other various nerd franchises, I couldn't be convinced to try Trek until recently. I am now trying to make amends for my gross oversight by watching TOS. How I now love that series and its goofy, shameless sense of humor!

As you might guess, I'm particularly fond of The Trouble with Tribbles. ;) Thanks for letting me hang out around here! Hope I'm not quite as much of a nuisance as my namesake.

18. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Love your location listing, Tribbles!

I think you'll be fine here, just stay away from the Klingons :p

19. Amaris

As long as he avoids the engine room, he'll be no tribble at all.

J.

20. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Hey, are you stealing my material? :p