Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Odd... Pike and Davalos don't resemble each other much at all.

2. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

^ Maybe they're hoping people forgot that Andromeda was even in the first film. ;)

If Pike's no longer available I think I'd like Alice Eve for the role.

3. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well if Kruger was never in, Pike out, that pretty much just leaves Alice Eve or her equally buxom doppleganger Brooklyn Decker.

4. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Or Variety got Superman and the Titans sequel mixed up in the original news article. I mean, both movies are from WB and Legendary.

Yeah, I couldn't convince myself, either.

5. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Because Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal look so much alike.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

They look more alike than Pike and Davalos do.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

8. Christopher

Holmes and Gyllenhaal don't look too different. They're both 5'9", they're both brunettes, and they're within a year of each other in age. If you squint a little, you can buy them as two different interpretations of the same character, kind of like how a comic-book character's face can change when the artist changes but still represents a recognizable type. Holmes is the hotter, more glamorous interpretation of Rachel Dawes, Gyllenhaal the one with more texture and personality.

As for Pike and Davalos, I suppose, after studying their pictures more, that Pike could resemble Davalos somewhat if her hair were dyed. Their facial structure isn't too dissimilar. But Davalos is American and Pike is British. What will they do about the accent?

9. Captaindemotion

^ Crazy idea, but maybe Pike will put on an American accent? Or, more likely, if the makers don't really care that the character suddenly looks different, maybe they won't care about how she sounds.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I think they should just go way out into left field and give Superman a cockney accent. Where would he get that in the middle of Kansas? Fuck if I know.

Just imagine him flying up and then saying. "Hey guv' what's seems to be the complication 'ere? Why don't we work this all out and then go grab us a brew?"

11. Captaindemotion

^ A Geordie Superman is what's needed. 'You cum anyweah neah me with that Kryptonite and ah'll stick this pint glass up ya ho-al. Wii-ay man.'

12. Christopher

For those of us on the other side of the Atlantic, what's a Geordie?

13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's an engineer. Duh! :cool:

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep. Crazy as it sounds, they may expect audiences to accept the fact that they're watching a movie and that the role has been recast.

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really curious what this "brilliant" new take and interpretation is that Nolan's supposedly come up with for the character.

I can't imagine it's anything that hasn't already been thought up by some comic book writer in the past.

As for the physical thing, I think that was pretty much to be expected. There's no way the studio was going to greenlight another Superman movie that didn't have TONS more action in it than SR had.

16. Captaindemotion

Someone from the North-East of England, usually from the city of Newcastle. Associated with flat caps, pints of ale or beer and starting fights over the spillage of said pints. If you've ever watched Auf Wiedersen, Pet, you'll get the idea.

17. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nah, he needs to be from cornwall. That would be perfect

18. Christopher

Never heard of it.

19. Captaindemotion

^ Jimmy Nail ... Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) ... Chris Rea ...Viz Magazine ... Sid The Sexist ... The Likely Lads ... AC/DC's Brian Johnson. My total frame of reference for Geordies.

20. Atticus

Atticus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt