What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Lucky. I'd love to come across that game.

I can't either. It's definitely one on my short list, that's for sure.

Sweet. I beat the latter years ago and am in the middle of playing Oracle of Seasons.

2. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

They are porting it to the "New" Nintendo 3DS, but of course that hasn't been announced anywhere outside of Japan and Australia yet. I'm kinda expecting them to announce it in North America the day after Christmas after everyone already starts playing with their new Old 3DSs they got from people not in the know. :p

3. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

NES Remix for 3DS. It's frustrating and rewarding in about equal measure. :)

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Minecraft 1.8.1 checking out some stuff but it's oddly laggy for offline mode.

And I may well be playing Last of Us afterall, my PS4 purchase came with a download code for the game free. Wasn't expecting that.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Started playing "LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" this afternoon. I'm not really into it yet, but that's probably more because I'm sick and exhausted than anything. I liked the previous games, so I'm sure I'll like this one once I get further into it.

I am extremely jealous. I would love to play this game on PS4 to see how it compares to the PS3 version, but I just can't justify buying another copy of the same game.

6. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

I wish they'd release it for iPad already!

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I found the PS4 version of TLOU for $20 the other day... so I just had to get it. ;)

I started playing LEGO Marvel Super Heroes on Saturday. I'm halfway through the game and I'm having a lot of fun. I've skipped pretty much all the LEGO games though. The only other one I played was Star Wars eps 4-6.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Played a bit of Borderlands: TPS with the fiancé last night. It's certainly fun (if a bit clunky), but so far it hasn't managed to draw us in quite the same way as Borderlands 2 did (we played that game excessively, including all the DLC, and then went back and played all of the original Borderlands).

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

There should be some code or something where you get the PS4 version for $10 if you can prove you've already purchased the PS3 version.

The original LEGO Star Wars games were awesome. I played those in college with my roommates. Aside from those and Batman, though, I haven't played any others. They get a little redundant after a while.

10. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I bought Advanced Warfare before waiting for the PS4 version, really regret doing that now, I'd happily trade it in to Sony for a download code for the new one.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Really? I've never heard of that.

That's also why I skipped pretty much all of them.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

To quote my fiancé (after playing about 2 hours of LEGO Pirates of the Carribean which I got for her because she loves the movies):

"Can we play a real game now?"

My heart wanted to burst with love.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Right. Because it doesn't exist. That's why I said there should be. :p

Speaking of which, the Playstation Store has the new Tomb Raider on sale for PS4 for only $18!!! I played it on PS3 already, but I totally bought it again for PS4 to see how it compares.

The sale ends today, I believe, if that's something that interests you.

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

That's what happens when I post while I'm half asleep. :p

I got both versions of TR as soon as they were released.

The PS4 one is of course much prettier. And they changed Lara's face a bit. I prefer the PS3 original from the PS3 version.

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

The PC has made me such a cheapskate. 18 dollars, outrageous! I've been looking at the consoles again and even old games are often a minimum of 20 dollars which is a hefty Steam purchase for me. I bought Tomb Raider for $15 over a year ago (and only four months after it was released).

16. Magellan

Magellan Commander Red Shirt

Just finished Leisure Suit Larry Love For Sail. Really a lot of fun. Probably one of the best point and click adventure games I've played. Most of the puzzles even made sense, Typically in this genre my odds of winning without cheating are about 0.

17. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Started Alien Isolation yesterday. It's reminding me of Dead Space, when Dead Space was good.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

So, before the third one.

19. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Before the third one. Also, don't mention Dead Space asteroids around Deckerd, it's a bit of a touchy subject.

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

PS4 arrived and all setup so spent the afternoon playing Wolfenstein The New Order, Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments and Shadow of Mordor.

All very nice but Shadow of Mordor slightly wins out over the other two so far.