star wars/star trek crossover cominig in 2016

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by han solo, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks teacake, unfortunately anytime I see a JJ lenseflare I'm going to feel used and dirty, and not in the good way :lol:

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I guess that also partly explains that moment in Chris Nolan's Inception, when things are exploding in an orgasmic display of colors around that outdoor cafe.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Guys, this leaked last year. Skype users are always the last to know anything...

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Oh dear, is it that time of the year again when TrekBBS newbies start posting pointless thread topics? Next we'll see a bunch of thread revivals from 2001.

5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Supershadow, is that you ?

;)

6. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Moderators: PLEASE don't kill this thread. Move it to Misc or TNZ or something, but this is the funniest shit I've read for quite a while. :guffaw:

7. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Next thing will be lots of excited posts about Michael Dorn working of a Captain Worf series :)

8. USS Triumphant

Actually, it's kirk55555. He's completely snapped. :lol:

9. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I never understood this discrepency between STAR WARS fantasy and STAR TREK's supposed adherence to scientific truth. STAR TREK relies quite heavily upon fantasy, and always has. Only it has tried to curb it to not make it so apparent and this has never been to advantage. Take VOYAGER's Kes, for example. Obviously designed after Fairies, Elves and other mythical creatures, and yet ... NO butterfly wings! She really needed the wings, BUT............that's taking it "too far" into the Fantasy Realm, apparently. So, they invested the character with a lifespan roughly that of a Virginia Oppossum. What's more, they gave her these unexplained, almost Q-like powers originating out of nowhere -- just to keep her in the realm of scientific probability. STAR TREK and STAR WARS probably should try a cross-over, maybe start that in the "official" comics, if they haven't already. Having R2-D2 flushed out into space has to be the beginning of something for STAR TREK ...

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The problem with a crossover is no matter how it ends, some fans are going to be angry their side didn't kick the other's ass. The best you'd get is a stalemate.

11. Echtzeit

Echtzeit Lieutenant

Haha, this made my day. :D

12. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Could happen in comic form-there's already been comic only crossovers with X-men, Legion of Superheroes and Doctor Who. Marvel is getting the license for Star Wars due to the Disney ownership though.

13. AustNerevar

AustNerevar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TrekBBS has fell prey to a few of these kind of threads lately. What's up with that?

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Fallen prey"? I think we had our fun :lol:

15. AustNerevar

AustNerevar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just mean there have been a lot of threads like this made, when their intent is obvious.

16. USS Triumphant

I've always thought that Star Wars tech is pretty inferior, so Treknology would stomp all over their stuff. Unless, one or more fairly powerful Force users were in play. They would own the day, I think. Unless unless, a transporter operator got the drop on them and scrambled them all over the place. I'm thinking a Force user *might* be able to hold themselves together if they knew what was happening, but given that there are no transporters in Star Wars, they might get taken out before they knew what hit them.
    I think some of the posters at some Star Wars forum get drunk or troll-y or both and decide to come take the piss out of us. Like teacake said, it's usually good for a few laughs. :)

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I agree, this is a great thread.

Patrick Stewart: "Yeah, JJ came to me trying to get me in his crossover. "
    bbjeg: "Pat, I told you to stop Skyping me."
    Patrick Stewart: "... but I wuvs you so much."
    bbjeg: "You're making it weird, man."

Real log.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  18. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agentcoop: Mr. Lucas, how do you explain that in Star Wars Obi-Wan tells Luke when he met his father he was a great pilot, but in Menace he's just a little boy?
    BigGeorge: Well, my kids thought...
    Agentcoop: And how come Obi-Wan tells Luke that Yoda is the Jedi that trains him, but in the movie Liam Neeson trains him?
    BigGeorge: Um, well, the power of myth...
    Agentcoop: Isn't it true you knew this was a bad movie, that you wrote it over a weekend but told people you had it written for years?

Totally real chat log. For realsies.

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Just when I got my hopes up.

20. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

It's a fine thread but I am surprised it's still in the Future of Trek forum. Unless proof arises in a form better than copying and pasting (unlikely), this thread is more Miscellaneous territory.