New TV Season - Fall 2013

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Gryffindorian, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't wait for the series premiere of Agents of SHIELD tonight. :)

RE: Sleepy Hollow, I thought last night's episode was more interesting than the pilot. Abby is starting to see more of the supernatural stuff. I liked how Clancy Brown's character mentored her and is now communicating with her from beyond!

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Have you seen Boston Legal? He wasn't obese then?

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Black List was interesting enough to watch ep2.

Dying to see SHIELD tonight!!!

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I don't think I'll be following Blacklist.

If they're going to copy the Hannibal/Clarys relationship they need a guy with a violent past. This guy is on the most wanted list but (According to what the audience knows so far) has never committed a violent crime.

And then there was that scene jammed the pen into the guy's neck. Seriously? This show glosses over brutality in the name of stopping terrorist attacks worse than 24. They roughed up those two guys off screen and didn't even draw attention to it.

And police vehicles with no bullet proof glass, right.

5. iut044

iut044 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

New Shows that I'll be trying out:
    hostages
    blacklist
    sleepy hollow
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    the originals
    The Tomorrow People
    betrayal

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I will give this to the Black List:

The whole episode it seemed quite obvious that Leading Lady was going to turn out to be Spader's secret daughter, but instead he was after her husband and not her. They fooled me!

7. JirinPanthosa

I liked Agents of the Shield.

Preposterousness is okay when the dialog is this fun and lively. And it's refreshing to see some heroes who don't hold that obnoxious Jack Bauer ends justify the means attitude.

8. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked what I saw of SHIELD. My son's homework drama kind of ruined the evening, so I was pretty tired when I finally got around to watching it and I think I nodded off a couple of times.

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Blacklist - A
    Trophy Wife - A
    Hostages - B
    The Goldbergs - B+
    Lucky 7 - B-
    Agents of SHIELD - B-
    Mom - C
    Sleepy Hollow - C

10. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched the second episode of Sleepy Hollow and I'm not sure whether to continue with it. To be honest, I found a lot of the supernatural stuff kind of cliche and cheesy. The part that interests me is seeing how a guy from the 18th century deals with the historical changes that have occurred over 250 years to the present. When he jokes about the price of the levy on baked goods, its things like that that really intrigue me.

But, I'm a history nerd, so what can you expect. Sadly it looks like that won't be a major focus of the show for much longer, so I feel ambivalent about continuing with it. The characters haven't grabbed me enough to keep me intrigued.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I wasn't blown away by the Goldbergs, mainly because I really hate the look and feel of the 80s, but I'll keep watching for now.

12. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anyone else really looking forward to Michael J. Fox and Robin Williams returning to TV tonight? I know I really am. I'm hoping the Michael J. Fox Show is a good replacement for the kind of comedy (without going too shtick) of The Office. I wish they weren't facing off with each other tonight. I'm probably going to have to watch the Michael J. Fox show Pilot online later.

13. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

The Blacklist is terrific.

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Robin Williams would have to tone it WAY down for me to watch his show; that guy is way too manic for me. I am interested in the Michael J. Fox show. I have a childhood friend that has Parkinson's, and it's such an awful, awful thing. Seeing someone suffer the symptoms in person is just heartbreaking. While I'm hoping for a funny and entertaining show, I think this has the potential to put Parkinson's awareness, and hopefully a cure more into the spotlight.

15. JirinPanthosa

I'm surprised to see this kind of reaction to The Blacklist for a relatively young group. Blacklist strikes me as like a Jerry Bruckheimer procedural only on NBC instead of CBS. James Spader is good but the writing is average and not strong enough for how seriously it takes itself.

I'd like to hear the people raving about Blacklist defend that ridiculous scene where she jams the pen in his neck.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Trophy Wife: amusing enough to go to week two.
    Mom: enjoyable, I'll keep watching.

So far, Brooklyn 99 is my favorite new show.

17. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice to see Michael J. Fox on the air again, but it's not really my type of show.
    Out of the other new ones that already aired the only shows I actually enjoyed (and even managed to watch for more than 5 minutes before I felt physically ill) were Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow and Agents of SHIELD.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Now that most of the shows have premiered...

GOOD: Sleepy Hollow, Black List, SHIELD, Brooklyn 99, Crazy Ones

WATCHABLE: Mom, Goldbergs, Trophy Wife, Back in the Game, Wonderland, We're the Millers, Michael J Fox

DROPPED: We Are Men (canceled anyway!), Dads, Super Fun Night, Welcome to Family, Sean Saves World

Favorite New Drama: SHIELD, for all its faults and potential
    Favorite New Comedy: Brooklyn 99 (I'll be very disappointed when it's inevitably canceled!)