New Animated Series

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by chris32482, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Why? Shouldn't Star Trek be more than just about TOS crew? I like the idea of Final Frontier and I will always lean towards that than this revisited TOS piece of garbage.

2. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Why would the new AbrahamsTrek actors agree to dilute their own character's brand just yet? Maybe after 2 more feature films they will agree to do some voice acting for secondary Trek animated characters but not a weekly series.

3. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I would love to see the original TAS redone with CGI!!! That is my hope and dream!!

4. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

redo TAS

Space Therapist I share this want.
    We already know the Dialog, Music, and SoundFX stems exist as they were used to create the 5.1 surround sound mix (and 7.1 surround sound mix for More Trouble More Tribbles on the TOS season 2 Blu-ray) but I'd like the sound FX to be beefed up totally to modern standards and with no music cues re-used with new music to be rescored in TOS style and re-recorded and mixed in surround sound.

Here is why the show's animation was not great-looking. This article tells how:
    A Note of Recognition for: Filmation's "Star Trek" Animators
    2-15-2007, Toon Zone
    http://news.toonzone.net/articles/15209/a-note-of-recognition-for-filmations-star-trek-animators

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Animated_Series

Paramount/CBS Home video would really have to think that 22 episodes on Blu-ray animated from scratch in CGI would be profitable is a stretch after hiring the labor to do it in CGI and all of the 6 "name" actors and other voice actors' estates re-licensing contracts. I think the cost outweighs the profits.
    But this is the Star Trek world and who knows down the road... Abrahamsverse is the only Trek Paramount sees for now beyond releasing Enterprise on Blu-ray in a few years.

5. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Re: untitled Animated Series (from 2006)

As Kirk said in the movie, 'Bullshit'.
    All of the other shows didn't have Kirk and Spock, and they have tons of fans still: this show could work just as well. As Star Trek:Aurora and a ton of other fan shows have proven, you can tell a story set in the Star Trek universe with different people, and different situations, some of them dark. Lightness is not the only quality in life-sometimes we must see the darkness as well.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  6. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    Yeah I don't think they have to use Kirk and Spock in a new Star Trek animated series either. Maybe do a fun story about a human boy who is taken away to have adventures with Klingon space pirates, or see a series of adventures by starfleet scientists and there test pilots trying out new radical technologies. You can do a lot of fun things with Star Trek but try not to be too flat like the original animated series which actually tried to take its stories way too seriously. It can be serious but only in the way that allows elements for both kids and adults to enjoy the story.

7. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: redo TAS

Doesn't CBS "own" Star Trek and the dialog sound track to the original cartoons? When they redid the special effect to TOS there was no extra payment to the actors, wouldn't redoing the entirety of the animation be just like that?

If it ment get a star trek series on cable how many of you would accept animation at the level of a futurama, IF the scripts were good enough? I'm not suggesting a comedy.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  8. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: redo TAS

I am sure all the original actors/writers were paid their standard residuals when TOS-R aired on TV and when it is now sold on DVD/Blu-Ray. At minimum the same would be true if TAS was redone. What's unclear is if there is a threshold at which point it's considered a new work and not a redone work. If that happens then CBS would probably need to re-license all the voice parts.