Favorite Superman Superfeats?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sbk1234, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Masonry Vision"... :rofl:

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Mr. Superman! RE-Build this wall!

3. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a little off topic, but since I started this, I know it's okay. That whole movie was so sad, since it seems to me that all of the actors were really trying hard to make a good movie. Their performances were fine, and they tried to put heart into it. It could have been one of the best Superman movies, but TPTB just screwed it up something awful.

4. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

You're right, it wouldn't have taken much to make it a serious movie. Maybe then we might have had a few more movies out of the franchise.

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That airplane rescue from Superman Returns.

The bullet stop was nice as well, but it was also way too super. There's only that much of disbelief I can suspend.

6. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My favorite moment involving Kryptonian powers in Superman Returns...

...doesn't involve Clark at all. "Brutus is dead. He got hit with...the piano."

7. Dantheman

Dantheman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've always figured it was some type of self-induced telekinesis that allowed him to hover like that, but he's never really demonstrated psychic powers in his long history, as far as I can recall.

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Sorry, not canon! In the movie he rebuilds the wall by looking at it really intensely!

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

It must be widespread, then, because pretty much every other superhero (and villain) who can fly, also hovers!

10. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll have to re-watch that scene, it's been so long since I've sat down to watch Superman: The Movie. It's one of the movies that is on Netflix Instant Viewing for a while, then off, then on again. Currently, it's not available, but the next time it's back, I might sit down to watch it again.

11. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, as I remember, when the movie was first released, it didn't feature the sequence of Superman walking through "Luthor's gauntlet" with the fire, bullets, and ice. The first time I saw that was when the movie aired on ABC TV way back in the ancient days before video and DVD. I don't remember if it was included in the DVD release, or even in every release.

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, I think the "testing Superman's powers" part is only in the expanded/special edition of the movie available on DVD/BD's Ultimate Superman Collection.

13. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Some worthy feats mentioned.

I'll throw out some that haven't been used yet:

"Bad vibrations?" and the cat-burgler scenes in Superman 1

I also like scenes with Superman as Super-Citizen, such as the end of Superman II and lifting the final part of Prometheus into orbit in the Lois and Clark pilot.

14. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

My two favorite feats are:

• Superman: The Movie — The big rescue where Superman saves Lois and catches the helicopter.
    • "Superman" (The first Flesicher short) — Where Superman keeps the Daily Planet building from bending to the ground.

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

From Superman: Supes rebuilds the San Andreas Fault.

Literally my favorite sequence of the first movie. Supes, highlighted by a glowing red background, lifting rocks back into the fault line! Bad-ass!