Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

If TOR does well then no doubt EA will want to develop a Mass Effect MMO but that would be 4 years away at the minimum.

2. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

What ever it is I think it'll be on the next system.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^As a PC gamer, that doesn't really affect me. Even so, from what I gather there's no solid information on just when the next generation of consoles are expected so it's doubtful any companies will be planning their releases around that.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Apologies for the double post, but it looks like the voting is over and Bioware have announced that GingerFemShep has won. Not by as huge a margin as in the last round though. The raven haired FemShep came in a relatively close second with 12,905 votes to Red's 19,692. By way of contrast the blonde and brown haired choices came in at 5,465 and 5,590 respectively. So pretty much a two horse race, though not exactly a close run thing.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  5. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Cool, my favorite.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just had a look at the high-res image and it looks like they gave her green eyes and freckles to match. Neat. If only MaleShep looked half as interesting. Maybe next they should try voting on a new default MaleShep so he doesn't look quite as much like just about every other video game protagonist from the last decade. ;)

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Except Male Shep has been on the box for the past two games, which might lead to a new one on the box invoking "Who the hell is this guy? :wtf:"

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Red heads always win :lol:

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]

RedHeadFemShep is made of win.

10. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

IIRC FemShep is only appearing on the back of the CE tin box and trailers with her in them.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Yes.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^One assumes this look will also be available in-game to replace (or supplement) the existing default FemShep.

It won't affect any of my existing saves as I already have plenty of FemSheps and I'm not sure if it's worth paying the extra tenner to get the collector's edition--I think I can live without a robotic dog and a set of weapons that are probably either over powered or useless after level 5--but still, it's nice to see a strong female protagonist getting some attention. Plus I'm sure the trailer will look cool.
    As for those out there in the interwebs complaining that she looks too pretty to be credible (though in a rather less articulate manner) I think someone here already posted this Penny Arcade strip that pretty much encapsulates my attitude.

If I have one criticism though it's that she looks a little too young. Shepard was supposed to be what? 29-ish in ME1? Granted 22nd century modern medicine and the Lazarus Project may have rendered biological age somewhat irrelevant...but still.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I don't get a "too young" kind of vibe off of her. I feel she looks as if she might well be anything between 25 and 35 :shrug:

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I suppose it's pretty subjective. It might not be the face itself but the more subtle head to body proportions. Perhaps it's just my old artistic training kicking in but generally speaking, larger heads on smaller bodies usually means a younger character and the head here is a bit on the large side.

Not that I expect that to translate back into the game model or anything. This is clearly (at least partly) digital painting, not a rendered 3D model.

15. tommig

tommig Cadet Newbie

I like the redhead ;) I do also in real life :D but, i´ve got my good ol´ male Shepp waiting for me to bring him back to life in Mass Effect 3 ;D

16. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Blighmie...HOT.....

17. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Same here.

18. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Must finish ME2....Must finish ME2. LOL

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just for a lark I thought I'd have a go at recreating the new default shep with the ME1. I have to admit I got closer than I thought possible (I'd say about 75% allowing for the absence of the right hair style, complexion texture, nose width and lip colour.) I might have a go at recreating it in ME2, just to see if it looks any better.

20. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Aside from the Man Jaw issues yeah that's pretty close.