Abrams Directing Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kamdan, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't have that option in TV, of course.

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

In case I confused anyone, what I meant was having the Falcon but with different crew over time--an anthology.

Different Doctors, same Tardis

Do for the Falcon what Spielberg did for ponies in War Horse, that kind of thing--make the Falcon seem even more mythic.

Carrie would look best in Mothma's Moo-moo anyway...

3. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was just thinking today about Harrison Ford being in Abrams' new Star Wars film...

...Do you think Callista Flockhart could play Han's daughter?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  4. Cake

Cake Captain Captain

5. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Though no surprise whatsoever, the Fisher story is welcome news. I mean, almost everybody with a pulse figured that the original Big Three (or at least Hamill and Fisher) would sign on to the new Trilogy but it's nice to see that the chess pieces are slowly coming together on the big board.

The real interest and questions will come when we get word of supporting actors and actresses. The original Trilogy didn't really feature many top-list actors aside from Guinness and Cushing (Ian McDiarmid hadn't yet achieved Epic status at the time Jedi was filmed)....it'll be interesting to see if the producers can nail down any A-list talent for the new films without taking focus and attention away from the classic and central characters.

8. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

How could they possibly have a script ready by this summer to begin filming?

Edited to add: related to Fisher, Fords, and Hamill's return I'm kind of surrised to hear that because I'd imagine they'd want huge amounts of cash just to make an apperance.

In the mind of Disney executives would it be worth the investment?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  9. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I still want to see Chris Pine as a young Han Solo in the rumoured spin-off movie, just to watch heads explode. :lol:

As to the "big three", I think only Ford could demand insane money and I think he'd be more interested in approving the script than a ridiculous payoff (just an impression formed from the few interviews I've seen of him with Charlie Rose--not much to go on, I know, but then again I'm only a very casual Wars fan).

10. Riker's Libido

Riker's Libido Lieutenant Junior Grade

I am in full support of Abrams doing Star Wars. I really don't see an issue, but I do respect that there's always been a lot of loyalty between fans of either franchise. I never understood the desire to choose one over the other personally. I love Star Trek and I love Star Wars. I'm an anomaly I guess, because I enjoyed the prequels as well. Even Jar Jar, but I see Jar Jar differently through the eyes of my 3 year old son. He looooooves Jar Jar. If he deems something cool, I support it!

I wasn't sure about Abrams at first doing Trek, but when I saw the movie here in DC at the Uptown on opening night, it was magic. The crowd was full of fans, and it was a great great evening. I trust him with Star Wars too.

11. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess this could happen. Fisher says she will be back as Leia, Hamil has been spoken to about Skywalker, and Ford may return as Solo. In any case, the article below says Lucas will have any of the three original characters written out if the actor doesn't want to do it rather than recast the character.

For what it's worth, Fisher is 56, Hamil is 61, and Ford is 70.

Link to story:
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57572838-93/carrie-fisher-to-return-as-leia-in-new-star-wars-films/

12. cooleddie74

A handful of folks on this board will hate anything J.J. Abrams makes no matter what it is, so don't pay any attention to them. I have no reason to doubt that he'll do a serviceable or even great job with Episode VII and until I have a reason I'm not going to bad mouth the guy like he's some double-dipping traitor who cares about nothing but flashy action.

My advice to anyone who pays too much attention to the J.J. haters: drop those zeroes and get with the heroes.

13. Riker's Libido

Riker's Libido Lieutenant Junior Grade

That's what's up. Your avatar is dope.

14. cooleddie74

Thanks. Carl Spock is the man.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: Is the double meaning in the above intentional?

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's because there are many deeply unfunny nerds on the Internet.

17. cooleddie74

That's confidential. Depending on the size and quality of the bribe. ;)

18. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://www.businessweek.com/article...-bought-lucasfilm-and-its-plans-for-star-wars

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

This almost seems to point to a possibility of a cross-over.

Now Leia lost her home planet, and so did Quinto's Spock. Carrie may even resemble Amanda a bit.

I could see Quinto's Spock having trouble with emotions with Carrie winking at the audience saying something along the lines of "I know all about that."

Clearly the days of the metal bikini are gone. Good. I like Carrie better as herself anyway. In order to keep the movie in a serious note, I might make Carrie's own background part of Leia's. She and Han aren't speaking after the loss of Jacen, we will say.

They fight a lot of course.

We stumble on a drunk Han trying to clean that blaster. "It's in pieces...I can't get it back together."

The new characters then find Leia on Coruscant. Now, if you remember, in her darker days Carrie had dreams of futuristic cities as part of her condition--so you work with that--and have her talk with some CGI guys to do the section of Coruscant just outside the area on the planet that is actually not covered by the world-smothering city...

It is the closest thing to Alderan, after all. Like Boothby, I can see her as a gardener there, trying--failing--to make something grow. Quinto's Spock thinks her Amanda for a moment, and they converse. Quinto beams up. The Falcon lands in this open zone and Han gets off the ramp, and goes to Leia.

He gives the keys, as it were, to the new kids in JJs movie, post EU, and off they go.

They are allowed to build a small hovel there, surrounded by mile tall buildings. It all looks quaint.

We see Luke, who like Hamil, is a little heavy. He no longer can use the force, due to some sacrifice or other, and wants to visit old friends. This area of Coruscant is like a labyrinth.

At the pink corner of Ul Qoma and Besźel, or was it at the triple junction of Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius, or at the square of Globus Cassus? I forget, but Luke bumps into a furtive veiled man--Hakim Dengar? Or was it Funes? At any rate, he was wearing Han's blaster!

Luke fails to run after him, instead drawn by smoke from the hovel.

No...not again.

And there Han and Leia are...as burning skeletons.

You see, there are worse things than having JJ directing Star Wars.

It could have been Borges:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borges_and_mathematics

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator