Poll: Which doctor would you want to work on you?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by bbjeg, Jul 9, 2013.

?

Which doctor would you want to work on you?

1. Phlox

4.5%
  2. Leonard McCoy

28.6%
  3. Beverly Crusher

17.0%
  4. Julian Bashir

25.9%
  5. The Doctor

24.1%
  1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

To our standards, any choice would be a significant upkeep but each choice comes with their own way of administering a medical exam. IMO Leonard McCoy would give it to you the straightest with a chance to get drunk after, Beverly Crusher would be the most motherly, Julian Bashir would be the most thorough, and The Doctor would have the largest database available at his disposal including nanites. I plan to catch up on Enterprise but all I know of Phlox is that his face stretches freakishly but he probably has other qualities. :lol:

2. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Doctor, because he has been programmed with the medical knowledge of at least McCoy, and probably Phlox. Maybe even Crusher, since she was head of Starfleet Medical. Since Bashir has published theses, maybe some of his works, too.

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I chose Beverly Crusher. If anyone is going to scan, ray, or inject me, it'll be done by gentle hands.

4. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Just to be clear, this isn't a "who's the best doctor" thread. There is not much each doctor can do better for you, unless you have an alien disease or something.

5. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't mind. They'd all be equally competent. But the emh would probably have access to stuff the others wouldn't. So, in a push the emh, but there isn't really much in it.

6. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

What, no Pulaski?

7. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

Wow, I wouldn´t have thought, it would be such a difficult choice! But since you´re asking, who I´d be most comfortable with I´ll go with Bones ... he´s the most "human", without being preachy ;)

8. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll take the genetically engineered super genius with the boyish smile, please and thank you.

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I'd like Beverly Crusher to work on my man parts.

What?

10. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

While not being the best character I find that Crusher has the perfect blend of expertise (former head of Starfleet Medical) and bedside manner. I would find her presence calming and reassuring.

11. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

McDreamy and McSteamy, thankyouverymuch.

12. Shatinator

Shatinator Commander Red Shirt

Got to be Bones,

Phlox has too many creatures around his office, he might drop one in me and never be the wiser..
    And don't get me started on the abomination that is "Dear Doctor".... :rolleyes:
    Crusher, yes was a head of star Fleet Medical, and Yar said she strives for excellence -yadda-yadda, but I think she is too locked into convention and bureaucracy, so much she misses things and messes things as too. She made a wrong call with Worf, in "Ethics" until it became clear that a experimental procedure needed to be done and "In Who Watches the Watchers" Picard of all people had to remind Crusher that we can remove short term memories; and Crusher even defensive responded 'yeah, I'm familiar with Dr. Palaski technique'. Well, apparently not-'cause she screwed the pooch with that one too! Sorry Bev.

Bashir is nice enough and yes I get it he's easy on the eyes and all that but he is despite his "Super- Genius" status really arrogant and pompous...just ask Garak, and their BFF's. :D

Doc Zimmerman, I'm just a little ambivalent about, what if he is having a crush on one of his nurse assistants this episode while I am on his op table-hopefully not Paris, or feels compelled to assist a photonic insurgents. I'd rather have his min...er program focus on me the patient; exclusively.

Nah, as I said it's McCoy all the way. He is a 'human', true to self doctor. With plenty heart and determination-that's my pick. Good old saw bones, minus the saw.
    I hope. :bolian:

13. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

Dr. McCoy for the humanity . . . and the Saurian Brandy ;)!

14. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When I go to sickbay, I'd prefer McCoy to minister to my medical needs.

15. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Julian Bashir after the first two seasons, when he had calmed down a bit.

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I voted Bashir, but really only because I'd hope for a nice visit from Dax while I was recovering. :)

17. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The correct answer is none of the above.

[​IMG]

18. Kinokima

Kinokima Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

McCoy but I admit I am not thinking of his doctoring skills :)

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Plus, he makes a Finagle's Folly that'll knock your socks off!

20. Rulius

Rulius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Doc from Voyager, because of his knowledge. I'm not that worried about his bedside manner.