Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Or, in that scenario, Leia could be the one who saves her nephew or whomever from falling to the Dark Side, destroying himself and taking others with him. Luke doesn't always have to be the primary hero...each of the first two trilogies had different lead heroes, so even though I've loved Luke's character since I was a small child I don't know why he'd have to hog most of the heroic attention in a Sequel Trilogy.

In JEDI, when Luke tells Leia she's his sister and Vader was their father, he tells her that in time she'll learn to use her Force powers like he and their father did. Episodes VII-IX could be the time for Leia to shine after three films where her brother did a lot of the heavy lifting in the storylines.

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

In my little scenario, I'm not picturing Luke as the hero, I'm seeing him as a drunk, a hermit who begrudingly has to jump into action once again to defeat someone who ends up being revealed as his son. The protagonists would be the younger generation of heroes, someone like, say, the brash and cocky daughter of Han Solo and her love interest, a young aristocratic Jedi wannabe or something like that.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Ah, okay, I reread your post snd I see precisely what you're getting at now. That could work...it could.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Whose hand will be cut off in Episode VII?

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Shia LaBeouf's...

6. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I'm rooting for head. During the first ten minutes.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

You want to wait that long?

8. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

LOL. I reckon right down the middle of his body.

One thing I would love to see in these films, is some stronger women characters. Like Starbuck or Kira Nerys, as a Jedi.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You stand out the front of the McDonalds with an open pack of cigarettes and typical air of skeevy suggestiveness.

Some of us just need to comb our hair in the other direction and we're half way to looking like heroin addicts. Serious, I look like I drink and do drugs, but without the pure thrilling joy of doing drink and drugs.... CURSES! Although, if I drank and did drugs I'd be dead already.

But are you worse or better than a paedophile if you're trading cigarettes for happymeal toys with children you've never met before?

"Stranger danger!" is not a mating call.

If there were 60 toys, and not 6 what I'm sugggesting wouldn't seem so looney toons.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fuck magic wizard powers.

I want to see a stong intelligent woman with a blaster and a constantly evolving plan to outwit and out play MANY jedi.

it's only in over coming impossible obstacles that we find real heroism or a real bastard.

With the empire was only ever a reflection of who was at it's head. In the Thrawn trilogy... Admiral Piet was in charge of the rapidly declining Empire, and reading his thoughts he honestly saw the Empire as a force for good that was being shat on by fricking rabble. i actually wondered what sort of Emperor piet would have made? but the only reaosn he stayed in powe5 so long is that he stayed an Admiral despite have absolute power of a smaller chunk of insignificance daily.

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually agree with this.

I think the PT alienated many people due to a lack of human characters. Everyone was either a Jedi, a monster or a robot.

Leia gaining Force powers and becoming a Jedi is one of the shitter elements of the EU and I for one hope the ST does not follow suit with that one.

Show me real people in spaceships shooting each other.

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Padme was none of those.

13. Shazam!

All signs point towards robot.

14. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree about having a Jedi woman, honestly. We've had a woman who knew her way around a blaster before, she was called Princess Leia. What we haven't had is a main female character in any of the six movies who knew her way around a lightsaber.

Hell what if the new protagonist was actually a wo-

...oh right.
    Neither was she a character. /zing

15. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

I can see Abrams vying to direct one of the movies. Ever since he said years back that he wanted "to inject some Star Wars into Trek", I've been thinking that he may be using Star Trek as a resume builder, to convince the "Powers That Be" to hire him to direct an Episode.

If I'm guessing right on this, the bonus will be he'll want to get the third Trek movie done ASAP.

On another note - I can see the personal trainers for Mark, Carrie, and Harrison getting phone calls real soon. :)

16. Shazam!

So, Star Trek is an inferior franchise to be used as a stepping stone. Rad.

17. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't he under contract with Paramount and also is going to do at least one Star Trek movie after Into Darkness? A world where Abrams is directing a Star Wars more and a Star Trek movie simultaneously seems improbable to me.

Abrams would be a pretty great guy for a Star Wars movie, but there are other guys who aren't attached to a franchise tentpole. He's no more likely to me than Whedon.

18. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Not to me at all. I prefer ST over SW (by leaps and bounds), but in the back of Abrams mind, he may just quietly believe that - or at least when he first took the job.

That line, "to inject some Star Wars into Trek", has always irked me.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  19. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Once he's done with the third Trek, he may be clear an open (contract wise). If so, there still would be no way he could direct Episode 7, but should be free when it comes to 8 and 9.

20. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

To Abrams? Most certainly.