TBBS Fanfic Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Naraht, Apr 18, 2005.

1. ProfLover

ProfLover Cadet Newbie

I had checked out the site before and didn't find it especially useful, but I checked it again on your advice and there are certainly a few stories that I will read shortly. Not sure why I passed over the site on the last go around, I may just not have navigated it properly. Thanks.

2. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

If you register, send me an e-mail if you need more detailed information on particular authors and what pairings they write. :)

3. ProfLover

ProfLover Cadet Newbie

Thanks, if I register I certainly will.

4. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just wanted to extend a belated thank you for the complimentary comment about my writing style. It was a fairly hectic summer and I just saw this. Thank you, again! :)

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie's Romance Star Trek Fan Fiction Stories
    http://whoanellie.fortunecity.com

5. Muchado

Muchado Cadet Newbie

Thanks for the info. I'll look forward to reading it.

6. david lowbridge

david lowbridge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

7. [N]

[N] Ensign Newbie

I have never actually read a Star Trek fanfictions before, I've read a lot of fanfics from other shows and I love the long 100,000 plus words kinda stories as oppose to oneshots and whatnot. Which would be a good one to start reading? I like original character stories but as I'm just starting out maybe a TOS/TNG oriented story would be best(as they are the only series I've seen as of yet)

So any suggestions? :)

8. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Go and read anything by Gibraltar.

9. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

You can start by checking out the recommendations in this thread as far as the links still work. This thread is supposed to recommend writing from other sites (though not everyone participating got the memo ;)). And as for here, well, just dig in. I think a good starting point for shorter stories from here would be the winning entries thread stickied at the top of this forum. It contains the winning entried from our monthly challenges here.

10. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

[N] If you can still find it, there was one called Supermax (I think, I'm sure someone will know which one I'm talking about). It's really good, but I don't know if the writer is still around. I haven't even been around, stupid real world responsibilities...

11. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Seconded! Gibraltar is an awesome writer with awesome characters.

Linky.

"Geometries of Chance" is a good one.

I have a few recommendations to make:

• Dark Horizon, by Michael Gray. (Already mentioned, I know, but I must recommend it again.) A fascinating series with believable characters, an engaging plot, and that ever-important Trek feeling.
    • Star Trek: Journey, by Christina Moore. Interesting character-driven series.
    • Anything by Miranda Fave, especially the Aegolius Harrier stories and the Border Dogs series.

12. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

13. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see him around unfortunately, but I believe his current regular name is Goliath. It used to be Camelopard. His stories are actually here on the forum if you use the search. They're very brutal stories, but very good.

14. Marritza

Marritza Cadet Newbie

I always liked Enterprise1981 :)

15. [N]

[N] Ensign Newbie

16. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Oh, good! Please, I hope you'll tell her - everybody loves feedback. :)

17. Count Zero

Just a quick reminder (since this thread was started long ago and nobody reas the first post anymore): this thread is for recommendations of other writer's fan fiction stories that you want to recommend, preferably elsewehere on the net.

If you have a fan fic site that you'd like to promote just start a thread about that.

18. constablekt

constablekt Ensign Newbie

My apologies for my gaffe. Is this the right section to post what I did, or do you have a better suggestion for me? And I'm not clear on whether you split off my post into a separate thread, or deleted it. Please advise! Thanks much.

Constable Katie

19. Count Zero

I couldn't split it off so I had to delete it. Sorry for that. This is the right subforum to talk about fan fiction. If you create a new thread you can also post updates there.

20. constablekt

constablekt Ensign Newbie

Thank you!

Constable Katie