Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. njhadz

njhadz Ensign Newbie

hi everyone - great to be here - finally somewhere i can talk about voyager to. I know not everyone agrees but Voyager is definitely closest to my heart out of all the trek sagas. my young children are now loving it as much as me which i'm very pleased about.

While i'm here could someone tell me what happened to Icheb? And also why was Neelix written out just before Endgame. Cant sleep thinking about this. many thx inadvance to whoever answers.

2. vas2009

vas2009 Captain Captain

^^^^ Icheb probably joined Starfleet when they returned home.
    I don't think of Neelix as being written off.
    ]I think they gave him a heroic send off giving him a family and a place with his own people. He couldn't have been with his own peeps in the Alpha Quad. I felt it helped to build on his character by having him become a leader and help his people. The episode really shows how he had grown from the first season where he thought of Janeway as idiotic for exploring dangerous things. I was kinda sad about his leaving too but he was in endgame as the Ambassador.

3. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome. :)

4. Itachi

Itachi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

AAHH!

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome, njhadz! I agree with vas2009's comment.

I look at Voyager as a very long version of the "Wizard of Oz", where Dorothy learns "there's no place like home."

In Voyager, Tom fled his Father's control and ended up in Jail. B'Elanna fled first the Klingon empire, then Starfleet, and ended up in the DQ with Chak's band on Maquis. Chak left his Starfleet career looking for someway to payback his Father for fleeing his Father's people for Starfleet, and Neelix left Talaxia because of his survivor's guilt.

Once everyone finally learned "there's no place like home", it was time for the show to end. Home for everyone was in the AQ, except for Neelix. Even your doll Icheb learned that home wan't with his people who tried twice to kill him, it was with Seven his new foster-mom. Seven's home, as her foster-mom has repeated told her, was with humanity in the DQ.

Neelix loved his friends, Tom, Harry, B'Elanna, Tuvok and Janeway, but as friends. By giving him a little piece of home as implausible as it seemed, it was a way to let him find closure with his own journey.

At least, that's what I think.

Your mileage may vary. :)

6. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Need fresh blood must feeeeeeeddd.... Lossing the will to post meaningless polls...

7. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:wah:

:thumbdown:

8. Udat

^ lol Coffee I need coffee....

9. jadzia_dax2369

jadzia_dax2369 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

hey all
    :borg:
    im new to voyager as im realy a Deep Space Nine fan but im gonna give voyager a go, (its on re-runs at the moment)

10. vas2009

vas2009 Captain Captain

Welcome!

11. Udat

Another dax?!

12. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome and enjoy. :)

13. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome. :)

14. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched Voyager a little during it's initial run, but drifted away sometime in season 1--now I'm ready to start watching again. A local TV station shows episodes at 2 in the morning, so it's DVR time.

Started last Thursday with "Parturition," but it didn't end well. After the second commercial break all I got was color bars. I'm guessing that Tom and Neelix got whatever they needed to get on the planet and made it back in one piece.

Was this a bad omen for my quest to watch Voyager? I hope not.

15. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome and I hope you keep watching. :)

16. Crewman Wunline

Crewman Wunline Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Thank you for the gracious welcome; I feel like "old friends" already, and I just got here!

17. Crewman Wunline

One thing I liked very much about it was the last season, and Series Finale, which made it a complete story arc, completing the "voyage" of Voyager instead of leaving it dangling. (And the Janeway cameo in "Star Trek XI" tickled me pink.) Now, serious question: has too much time passed to consider a movie using that cast?

18. Crewman Wunline

I wish a local (Indianapolis) station would start showing ST:V reruns! The local Fox affiliate shows ST:TNG five nights a week, at oh-one-hundred, but that's it. And we don't do cable--we get our teevee the way nature intended; via rabbit-ears!

19. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the board.

Question #1... to true believers, no, too much time hasn't past for a movie, as long as you don't pretend they just got home last year. Makeup can hide just so much.

Question #2...when the locals ignore your obsession, there's always netflix! Personally, just keep an eye on amazon.com. I still can't believe the price I got on the last 3 seasons during one sale a few years ago. 33 bucks a piece.

20. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    I would be all about an animated VOY movie, but I'm a huge animation fan to start with. :) Then no-one has to worry about makeup and we can have the original cast! Plus it would be awesome and I'd want to work on it and -

- Oh, well, I can dream. :)

Welcome!