American Dad is Moving to TBS

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

As established earlier in the thread, it was delayed from this coming season, but will most likely still be produced for next year or the year after.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No, it's dead. They might bring it back in the future sometime but it's not being planned anymore.

3. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Yeah that was what I heard. A quick search yielded nothing past the complete cancellation of plans from a few months back. I don't know where this "It's been put back" business is coming from.

4. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't find it now, but I remember an interview a couple months back (after Fox announced that it wasn't going to be on the schedule this season) where MacFarlane said he was retooling it and to expect it within the next couple years. Perhaps I misunderstood what he meant by that, but he was definitely still planning to make it.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to Wikipedia

"Delayed indefinitely" certainly doesn't sound promising, but it isn't quite a cancellation. Although, I guess that's just splitting hairs.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Every interview I read says he's too busy and that they really don't see the point of doing The Flintstones now because every TV dad is based of Fred anyways. And he's right, Peter and the dad from America Dad can all be related to Fred Flintstone.

7. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    It's deader than a(prehistoric)dodo.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been catching up on this season on Hulu and I have to say that right now the show seems to be better than ever and definitely the best of the Fox sitcoms right now.

The move away from Roger-centric episodes and towards more stories involving Steve has helped the program tremendously.

I have to admit, however, I was a little surprised by the recent "fake ID" episode when they said that Hayley wasn't yet 21. I'd assumed the character was older by now.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

that threw me too I thought she was like 30 at this point for some reason!

10. the G-man

I wouldn't have guessed 30 however I definitely thought at least 22 or 23 maybe even 25

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well the show started in 2005, and she hasn't appeared to have been in college since the early seasons... :lol:

12. the G-man

True, but by that logic, Steve should be in grad school now. ;)