Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Chris3123, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'm sure the woman thing is also that it's fun. ;)

2. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    A long way from the Nucleus of the Swarm, too.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Ha! I knew they reminded me of something. Thank you for pointing this out. :D

4. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Someone has helpfully placed the strip up on youtube.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbl4jaQESKE[/yt]

5. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Not departure - DEATH. Complete with tombstone. This was exactly what the Doctor feared most about Amy/Rory, what he'd abandoned them on Earth twice to prevent. That they went on to live out a full and happy life in America doesn't even register with him. He'll never see them again now, in any form. And his only remaining link to either, Melody/River - well, her time with him is fast drawing to a close too. And, of course, he blames himself for all of it. Five never fully recovered from Adric's death - neither will Eleven here.

Not to mention what's still hanging over his head, something he fears even more than his 'death' last season - the fields of Trenzalore, the "Fall of the Eleventh," the Question that MUST (never) be answered. (And he never did find out who blew up the TARDIS, did he?) He was already in a bad mood going into the events in New York; now after all this, and with his erasure from the very memory of the universe, it makes sense that the 1,300+ year old (at least) Doctor would decide "I've had it. I'm getting too old for this ****."

Enter Clara...

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I got the impression following events of last season, that the Doctor wanted to lie low, and not gain any more attention than he already had hence.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Interestingly this might call for a new pair of eyes(12th doctor)

Who might believe there's still stuff to be done out there

Not saying Matt smith is close to leaving

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Nah, that sort of character arc is the sort that needs to be resolved in the same incarnation. And will probably be resolved in the Xmas Special...

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Loved it both the minisode and the trailer, but especially the minisode, and especially Strax…though it was nice to see Vastra and especially nice to see Jenny…

Damn moon…

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Jenna Louis-Coleman is really hot! I've never heard of her before (well saw the Dalek episode, but I mean the actress, not familiar with her) and she's got a lot of hot pics on google.

I loved this minisode, can't wait for the Christmas special. I like the idea that the Doctor is a bit docile, and needs a kick start, and she's just the one to do it. I also like the fact that the Doctor is finally going to have another companion from a different time period than our own. I like it when the Doctor has companions from the past or future, and not our own time. It makes it more interesting.

11. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't relate to that at all. I always feel that people who support that idea are the same people who would have enjoyed an all-Klingon Star Trek series.

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I will never look at the moon the same way again. I would love a Victorian era spinoff with these characters as they appear to be very interesting indeed. Soemthing to take the place of Sarah Jane perhaps. As for the darker, grumpy Doctor well we know that wont last dont we. Nice to see him in period clothing as well.

13. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I just noticed both Matt and Jenna have big noses. Matching pair :)

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

As opposed to the five star trek series we actually got that were full of people, none of whom (bar the odd non-regular character) were from our time? I'm guessing you don't watch any of the Star Wars films, or Battelstar Galactica or any number of sci-fi shows that featured entires casts not of our time.

And of course any historical film or tv is also out because you can't relate to the characters in them? ;)

15. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Jenna's nose is positively button-esque. What exactly do you think constitutes a small nose if not hers?

16. The Mirrorball Man

No, I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. As far as I'm concerned, the Doctor is the alien element in the equation, and the Companion's role is to anchor the show in a recognizable reality and perspective, and to serve as the de facto point of view character. When the Companion is a caveman, a robot or a talking penguin, you lose part of what makes the Doctor Who formula successful.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thing is, this is something that has some actual evidence to back it up, since some of the more popular companions in classic Who weren't from modern times. Indeed, the first Who companion to get a spin-off was a time traveler from the future. Although they did stick him in modern day.

Besides, spoilers indicate that although the Doctor meets Clara in Victorian times, she isn't actually from Victorian times.

18. The Mirrorball Man

It is. It's just a matter of personal taste.

19. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I never knew Sara Jane was from the future!

Or a him.

:devil:

20. The Mirrorball Man

Oh come on.

Ok, you got me.