Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am using the Avenger with my tactical Fed character and it is a great combo. But I am biased towards the tactical side because I like to be able to blow almost anything up before the other side can even finish saying "what the *****?" :)

2. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

50,000 dil in my account is pretty sweet. ;)

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Speaking of which, we stalled out again on the Fleet Starbase projects, so a good time for everyone to pick their favorite way to grind DIL and see if we can all kick in a chunk towards clearing some of these up... :)

5. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

I play all female characters, all the time, in all MMO's. I have never run into any creepiness. I think most creepers realize that most of those female characters have men behind the screen, anyways :rommie: In my experience, all that stuff happens when a player admits to being a girl :borg:

To be fair, in STO, most players are either busy playing, or in their ships.

6. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

7. Captain_Amasov

8. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Interesting console. Something to give beams a little more bite. They ought to also make beam consoles that reduce energy drain from weapons fire.

9. Timelord Victorious

Ok, crit damage goes up a bit, but overall damage might go down with that console.
    An energy type console gives 30% damage.
    Can someine crunch numbers to see how good that one is?

10. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Has anyone here bought the new Avenger-class yet?
    I have been thinking about getting it, seems like a good cruiser for tactical Captains for sure:shifty::)

11. Timelord Victorious

Not me.
    Completely satisfied with my Fleet Sovereign.
    She is a real powerhouse now.
    Was battling a Avenger on release day in a 1v1 and beat her the first round. I lost in the second round, cause the guy figured out how to use the new cruiser commands to better effect, which I don't have yet. Once those come into play for all cruisers, that disadvantage goes away.

Avenger is a good ship, but not overpowered to the point where you have to fly her.

12. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Looks like I'll have to re-create my new character for the new Fed missions. A new character which I've played several hours with, while not doing any real missions, so that I could go into the new ones fresh. Which is the only character I've really put any thought into beforehand. Good thing I have the outfits saved.

I hope they redo/add more than just the first couple of missions. But that's probably asking too much :rolleyes: The Klinks got it because they needed several levels of new content, which the Feds don't technically need.

13. Captain_Amasov

14. Timelord Victorious

I am pretty much done with my main's progression. There is only room to progress sideways now.

here is my current ships load out.

[​IMG]

15. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

From the build you posted, I can see a couple of things to improve your ship. For instance, move the nukara universal console out of the tactical slot and add a fourth tetryon console. I'm assuming those are tetryon consoles, I'm still not familiar with the new console icons. You might also want to consider using advanced fleet beam weapons instead of the seemingly rainbow mish-mash assortment of beam arrays you are using.

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

What rainbow assortment are you talking about? Appears all Tetryon to me. Looks like 1 Fleet version, suspect the rest are the old Borg Mk XII versions.

17. Timelord Victorious

Yeah, all tetryons of varying flavors including the Nukara refracting hyper-dual beam and a couple of phased tets... They come in another shade of blue.
    The Nukara universal console is for all intends and purposes a tactical console that enhances my Tetryon damage as well, so losing about 10% base damage for more crit and enough turn/resist through the engineering consoles to keep up with lighter cruisers and destroyers make it a very fun set up.
    No Borg weapons, though, the standard tets are genuine purples with mostly [acc] mods.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  18. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

19. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  20. Captain_Amasov

I see the Romulan Republic haven't repeated the mistakes of Taris and Hakeev, by not blowing up their homeworld while trying to reach the Iconians. Admittedly, this isn't actually sending us to them, but I doubt they knew that beforehand.

In other news according to Geko, on a recent podcast, he mentioned that the space adventure zone is about the size of three sector blocks (which I think are actually split into three separate blocks) and that the ground adventure territory control area is probably just slightly smaller than New Romulus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.