Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

It definitely varies from fan to fan, but for me it's:

1. Marco Polo
    2. Power of the Daleks
    3. The Savages (I'm one of the rare few who loves this serial based off fan the reconstructions)
    4. The Abominable Snowmen
    5. The Faceless Ones
    6. The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve
    7. The Wheel in Space

But I'll be thrilled with anything. I didn't hold The Enemy of the World in high regard until after the episodes were found. So who knows, maybe even The Macra Terror might turn out to be amazing. ;)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The people who did see Macra tend to say it had weird worrying direction, much more than usual which doesn't come across in telesnaps. Could be awful, or the best story of the 60s.

3. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Given that it is now June 26th, I guess Marco Polo and Power of the Daleks are not being released. And that's despite MP being supposedly restored and ready to go. I'm not surprised, but it would've been nice!

Mr Awe

4. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The 50th anniversary brought EVERYONE out of the woodwork to post a rumour. Now that the anniversary is over things are suddenly and surprisingly quiet...

5. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Although it has a terrible reputation, I'd like to see "The Space Pirates" back just for more Zoe! We also need the rest of "The Wheel in Space."

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

More Zoe is always good.

7. Mr Awe

^ Agreed!

8. Candlelight

The surviving episode is very slow and dull, and the audio for eps 1 and 3 pretty much give the same feel, but the second half of the serial is on par with the rest of Troughton's tenure.

9. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think I spent most of my Troughton YouTube video just salivating over Zoe's outfits, and the one from the Space Pirates is by far and away the best thing in the surviving episodes. Who wears shorts that short anyway?

10. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The latest chatter in Omnirumour land is that there's a DVD deal for a number of TIEA's ITV finds (with a company called Network) and they're to be announced on Friday the 18th.

There's also chatter about a "large" find of Who in Australia.

I have no idea on either. I'm merely passing them along. :)

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, we were due a new rumour after Marco Polo missed its latest announcement date.

12. Candlelight

I'm in New Zealand and it's the 18th now, so I can't tell you it's not true. :D

Network aren't bad, they helped release the original Quatermass trilogy and A for Andromeda if memory serves.

13. Candlelight

14. Candlelight

Geez, Planet Mondas are tearing Paul V a new one over comments he made about fans a week ago. Really getting nasty, despite all he's done for fandom.

15. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They spend their lives insulting everyone and everyone who doesn't go along with their mindset over there. Every other post seems to be them calling someone or other a Nazi. The hillarious part is their greatest ire is reserved for so-called Uber Fans, while they seem to ignore the fact that they consider themselves to be the "true" Fandom; fighting the evil forces of Phillip Morris, the Restoration Team, Steven Hill and anyone who doesn't believe that 90+ episodes have been found and are being maliciously withheld from us.

16. Allyn Gibson

I saw those comments from Vanezis, and I couldn't feel any sense of ire about them. Disappointment that he felt it necessary to make a wholly unnecessary masturbation crack about fandom, yes, but anger? No. Because, excepting the masturbation swipe, he wasn't wrong. The fans who are most invested in the Omnirumour are nothing more than the 501st Fighting Keyboards, some have a deep sense of entitlement, they are going to believe what they want on faith, and no amount of evidence will sway them.

17. Mr Awe

^ I don't go to that site, mind sharing his comments? Thanks!

18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I saw that a while back. It is pretty funny, especially when you realize Ian Levine is Jewish.

BTW, here's another Hitler video relating to the Omni-rumour, though this one takes the other side of the argument.

19. Allyn Gibson

These were comments posted by Vanezis on Facebook on July 7th. I don't know the context of either, on whom's page they were posted, etc.

"Just don't bother engaging with them. It's pointless. They'll believe what they want but ultimately they'll still be hiding behind their keyboards trying to type with their left hands..." (Link to screenshot)

"Well, yes. JR [Southall]'s sentiment is right, but a lot of people feel 1) Entitled to information they are not entitled to and b) Think they are being misled. The truth is that not all information is shared. If it were, nothing would get done. They're also not being miseld, they're just not being told what they expect to hear because there is nothing to be said." (Link to screenshot)

20. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's it???

Jesus, compare that to the sort of things they say about Paul and everyone else who the Space Rays that make it through their Tin Foil helmets tell them are part of the Uber Conspiracy To Deny Them Their Episodes and well, there's really no comparison at all.