New to DS9...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Lt. LaForge, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

^There are times, I think, that the "continuity" aspect of an episode are less consequential than they may appear. Statistical Probabilities, for instance, might seem to have a lot of Dominion related content. For the most part, it's stuff we already know: the Dominion will use intrigue to use bring the war to a swift conclusion, and on paper, the Federation's cause seems hopeless. Not seeing Damar's speech doesn't interfere with us understanding how he became the Cardassian leader. And it's obvious that our heroes will fight now instead of waiting for a more opportune moment in the future. The genetic alteration/augmentation issue may be interesting, but the rest is biding time.

2. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

But the character growth in Bashir makes the episode essential. (Also feeds into Chrysalis)

3. Lt. LaForge

Lt. LaForge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The episode also made for great viewing... I really liked it.

4. Lt. LaForge

The episode also made for great viewing... I really liked it.

5. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

Did you rewatch in the 53 minutes between your posts? :D

Yes, great episode, and the Jack pack are a lovely bunch. Just read Zero Sum Game, the continuing adventures of Sarina, interesting stuff.

6. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

I din't think it takes too much imagination to know that Bashir "got over" his resentment.

7. Lt. LaForge

You son of a gun ;) . I was really invested in the budding relationship between our good physician and Sarina. I was upset that nothing came of it.

PS.- Using my phone to post is annoying :klingon:

8. Lt. LaForge

I'd watch "Spock's Brain" on a loop if Bashir was in it. He's just a great character (Phlox over him, still).