NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Romo is worth every penny. Look at teams like the Steelers and the Giants who now look like a shell of themselves now that they aren't known for their defense anymore. Romo is trying to drag that awful Cowboys team kicking and screaming to the playoffs with a defense that could go down as the worst in NFL history. What's Eli's excuse? I don't think Romo and Flacco are merely servicable QB's either. I think guys like Schaub and Palmer are what you would call servicable QB's.

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

It's easier to compare Flacco and Eli than it is to compare either of those guys to Romo right now.

Flacco and Eli are playing like dogshit this season, but they hang their hats on their Super Bowl wins. Romo has always played good, but has had a tendency to lose the game in the 4th quarter. At least this season when they're losing, it's not his fault (prime example, Dallas/Denver game earlier this year... guy puts up 5 TD, still loses).

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Statistically speaking, Romo is probably the fourth- or fifth-best quarterback in the NFL. There are four active quarterbacks with a career passer rating of 96 or above: Rodgers, Brady, Manning the Greater and Romo (and Steve Young is the only retired quarterback above 96). I will never understand why Cowboys fans shit on him.

4. tighr

Because in a game, he looks great looks great looks great looks great looks great and then at the last possible second shits the bed.

It's why he has an entry on Urban Dictionary:

The Cowboys aren't going to do any BETTER than Romo, because he's so damn good. It's just so frustrating to them when he gets them almost not quite there, and then fails spectacularly.

[​IMG]

5. Use of Time

Except that it is statistically untrue. He has more fourth quarter comeback wins since 2011 than any QB in the NFL.

6. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

It's so much easier blaming him than all the other parts that are not working. Which are quite a lot.

In my mind, Romo is easily a top 10 quarterback. What the team needs is a defense that at least is competitive.

7. tighr

That's a cherry-picked stat. First of all, he's got less than Eli Manning over that same time period, and Eli led the league in comebacks in 2011 (Romo led the league in 2012). Both have one this year. Second of all, comebacks is a vague stat that requires you to have been down prior to winning the game.

Besides, I already said he's a good quarterback. Relevant statistics do back that up. But it's undeniable that he's had numerous game ending mistakes, especially in high profile games.

8. tighr

9. Use of Time

Yep, that is my go to article when dealing with most Cowboys fans crying about drafting a replacement or finding another direction at QB. They are going to miss him when he is gone, they just don't know it yet. It's rare to find a guy with his personality too. He has started in Dallas since 2006 and is never in trouble, never flips out on the media no matter how bright the spotlight is in Dallas. He takes shit from his own fans probably more than others but goes out and plays like its white noise. It is going to be hard to find a multi-year starte at QB that can handle that as well as Tony has.

10. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Blaming him for the ineptitude of the defense just doesn't make sense.

11. Davros

And speaking of inept defenses, the Broncos are putting on a perfect example of one.

12. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

WTF, Denver?! It's the 4th quarter and you have 10 measly points against the f***ing Chargers?!

13. Davros

17 now

14. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This Broncos team will only go as far as the offense carries them. If the offense has a good game, they can beat anybody. However, if they have an off night and fail to score 30+, they won't be able to keep up with the points the defense will allow. They need to get something figured out and suddenly benching defensive starters is not the place to start ("resting up for the playoffs", my ass).

15. tighr

The rushing totals were atrocious, 18 total yards? Manning had 300 yards passing and two touchdowns, which is 2x the numbers of Rivers, yet that one interception on tipped pass stings. Time of possession was 2:1.

Overall weird game.

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Broncos, ugh. What the hell was that? :scream:

17. Caligula

I think Ron Burgundy said it best. Yeah, I know. It was more the fault of Denver's defense than anything else, but still... "Go fuck yourself, San Diego!"

Guess who's back on top of the AFC... again! :scream: (That's your cue, SmoothieX.)

18. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not quite yet... they don't take first until they beat Miami on the road. I'm still holding out hope that the Dolphins will figure out a way to make something happen.

19. Caligula

True. With Gronkowski out there is a better chance for Miami to pull the upset. Here's hoping!

20. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Lot of football left with a couple of teams trying to get in as the last wild card, so we'll see. And yeah, no Gronk, but they went 5-1 without him, while also missing Amendola and Vereen for much of that stretch. I'm glad to see them control their own fate though.

It is what it is.

I watched the big Pats-Broncos game from a hospital bed, so if I can pump my fist without my IV bag popping out, it'll be a plus!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.