Caroline Skinner Has Quit!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Mar 13, 2013.

1. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well if you remember the way he acted on Twitter it seems pretty believable.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Was there a bit of wine at this party? If true, For a grown man, that comment comes off as something a drunk would say

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm apalled...

Surely he should have shouted "You're deleted from Dr Who?" :p

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Or even Exterminated ;)

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

True that.

The Gallifrey Base mods are having fun with this Private Eye article, closing threads and deleting posts if there's any discussion of the final paragraph.

6. StCoop

And you can bet that SFX or any of the other Genre News outlets will never bring it up for fear of being cut off from the PR Gravy Train.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I jokingly bring up "Executive Producer Victorious" from time to time when describing Moffat.

Maybe there's some weight to it. He needs an executive producer companion to calm him down.

8. StCoop

The problem is by being in charge of two of their most successful shows he's got the BBC over a barell.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Dude this isn't Watergate, and SFX are not, I repeat not, The Washington Post. Investigative journalism is not what they do, and of course they want to stay on good terms with the BBC etc, so they can continue to get access to information, interviews, behind the scenes news etc because that's what they do, publish these things for the majority of fans who just want to read about their show rather than delight in sordid gossip.

If you want someone to dig deeper perhaps you should call the Daily Mail?

Rubbish, he's a hired hand when it comes to Who and I'm certain the BBC would replace him in a nanosecond if they wanted to. Sherlock's another matter, but again even if he did choose to take his bat and ball and go home, I'm sure the BBC would live with it. They're not exactly relying on three episodes a year to keep em running are they?
    '

10. StCoop

Good idea, thanks.

Just sent the clipping to their newsdesk email address.

11. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's amusing that people who used to complain about Davies having no one who could tell him no now think that Moffat, producer of an equally-successful Doctor Who and a second BBC One hit to boot, has all kinds of people to tell him no.

Long-time fans may think of Doctor Who's showrunner as easily replaceable, but the BBC has no reason to share that confidence. That Moffat maintained Davies' success is a reason to hang on to him, not to toss the job at someone else in the hope of a third triumph. And, of course, it's not just about Doctor Who, or Sherlock, but about any future Moffat properties, which they'll want for the BBC, not a competing network. As long as Moffat delivers a reasonable (by BBC standards) number of high-rated episodes of his shows each year, that's plenty of reason to put up with any quirks.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Good job, soldier. With the help of brave, selfless individuals like you we'll win this war...

In all seriousness I imagine its something they're already aware of given they never miss an opportunity to snipe at the Beeb...

13. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She definitely left because she hated Moffat. Wish she was more like Phil Collinson, who clearly quit because he loved Russell T. Daves.

14. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Would be a slightly sharper comparison if Collinson had left with no notice for a job that wasn't a major promotion, rather than leaving with notice for a job that was.

15. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I refer you back to the rather spectacular falling out between SFX and JMS during the last season of Babylon 5 and Crusade. Of course times have changed... rather glad I don't have a ringside seat for the current brouhahha.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  16. DalekJim

Anybody else read that Moffat quote in Arnie's voice?

"You've just been erased!"

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

But that's all the more reason for them not to get involved in dirt digging and gossiping now?

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder what Tom Spilsbury's reaction would be if someone asked him for a DWM exit interview with Skinner on her time with the program. :)

19. DalekJim

Tom Spilsbury sucks Moffat off as much as Ben Cook sucked RTD off. There's no way he''d be privy to any kind of interview that would put Moffat in a bad light.

20. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Oh? Lucky RTD. Ben is :drool: hot!