Ultimate X-Men

Discussion in 'Lost' started by TheArsenal, Sep 16, 2008.

1. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, actually I'm in the right forum. Pretty slow around here so I thought I'd post these pics.

I was reading through an Ultimate X-Men trade paperback (by Kirkman and Larroca) and found a few Lost Easter eggs in the art work that I thought were amusing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This clearly means, without one ounce of doubt, that Lost and the X-Men are in the same continuity. This explains much. :)

2. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

There was a bunch of stuff like that a few months ago, also in titles like Ultimate Spider-Man and New Avengers.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Yeah, most of the books I read the week season four started in the US had references - people talking about Flight 815 on the news, Oceanic Airlines delivery vans and travel agencies etc.

Janet in Mighty Avengers even had a "Find815.com" post-it on her drawing board as she was trying to come up with new uniforms for the Avengers.

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remembered hearing about this but hadn't actually saw any examples. Thanks! :techman:

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^IIRC, there was a scrolling news bar at the bottom of a television in one book (can't remember which) specifically mentioning that Dr. Jack Shephard was listed as missing.

6. Ben Sisko3

That may have been Captain America.

7. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Are Marvel and "Lost" owned by the same parent company? Is that why there is all the "advertising" for Lost in the comics?

8. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

no, Marvel owns Marvel and Lost is owned by...uh, whoever...

it's no different to artists slipping in gags to reference Trek, Wars or Who...

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I strongly suspect it was paid advertising, though you're right, they often slip cheeky gags in - like Frank Cho sneaking in C-3PO's head in to a pile of smashed Iron Man helmets.

10. Ben Sisko3

It was paid advertising. It also doesn't hurt that several past and present Marvel writers are past or present Lost staffers, including Jeph Loeb and Brian K. Vaughan, or noted Lost fans.

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Which is a little bit better than Leinil Francis Yu's obsession with sneaking Howard the Duck in to group shots. (Bendis has banned him from doing that in Secret Invasion)

12. Ben Sisko3

He banned him from doing it, but he still stuck him into #6. He's right next to Cassie Lang when Tony gives the battle cry.

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

So he is.

Bendis is going to kill him. :lol:

14. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

what if... widmore industries also had a hand in building the enterprise in the new movie? :eek: would jj be that sneaky? lol

15. Ben Sisko3

He seems annoyed, noting that it's the fifth time Yu's done that to him.

16. Starbreaker

It took me forever to find the duck... so I consider it decent hiding. ;)

17. TheArsenal

Missed that the first time around (except, obviously, in the X-Men book). I'll have to go back and dig up some other books printed around then to see if I can spot a reference or two.

18. Starbreaker

19. TheArsenal

Thanks. I actually own a few of those issues (mostly the Ultimate universe stuff) and missed the references the first time around. In fairness, some of them are pretty small when you don't know to look for them.