Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Hmmm, I can't visualise Hounsou as Jaza. I think the characters more Shemar Moore or a younger Phil Morris. Morris feels too old though and Moore looks too young but Moore is more my choice.

2. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with you that Moore could work.

What about Jamie Bamber for Ken Norellis??

3. tenmei

Bamber seems too old for Norellis, to me at least.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Bamber also seems way too cool and smart for Kent Norellis. Norellis is kind of a doofus. How about, ohh, the guy who plays Fargo on Eureka?

5. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

Sort of used?

6. ShinRa Actual

ShinRa Actual Lieutenant Red Shirt

Neil Grayston

7. PaulSimpson

PaulSimpson Writer/Editor Captain

God bless photoshop!

8. Marco Palmieri

Marco Palmieri Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jaza wasn't that young when we met him.

9. tenmei

The first thing I knew of Jaza being as old as he supposedly is was during Sword of Damocles where he mentioned his family who died (did it say it was during the Occupation ?) but I still thought he could have been in his early forties or late thirties (given the Occupation ended eleven years before the series begins, he could have been in his mid-twenties then) so Moore shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Also, Hounsou is 44 and Moore is 38.

10. Marco Palmieri

Marco Palmieri Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fair enough. Somewhere in the 40s was exactly the age we had in mind when the character was conceived.

11. foravalon

foravalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Um, I haven't finished my research yet, but I'm pretty sure that you're wrong about that. You did read the latest memo, didn't you?

12. Christopher

Okay, I've seen the episode now, and I think that Gavankar is not an ideal choice for Choudhury, but a plausible one. The character she played in the Atlantis episode couldn't have been more unlike Choudhury; in fact, she reminded me of a more immature Domenica Corsi. But she has the right look, and there were moments where I felt she could pull it off, if she's a good enough character actress to play two such diametric opposites. Her voice is higher than I'd like, but then, she's a few inches shorter than I'd like too. Still, a viable candidate.

Oh, and Nikki deBoer is as adorable as ever.

13. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

^ FWIW, Gavankar matches more or less what I imagined Choudhury looking like after reading GttS and Destiny.

14. acappellasaurus

acappellasaurus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can't seem to find the time to slog through the fiftysomeodd pages of this thread, so I apologize if I am duplicating ideas here....

For Chen, what about Alexis Bledel? Her Gilmore style dialogue makes for some good quirky ramblings and insecurities. Also the thought of her with pointed ears running naked through the corridors is a nice one. But I digress....

I was also thinking Parminder Nagra for Choudhury maybe?

15. acappellasaurus

Nevermind....I just saw a picture of Gavankar online, and good lord, she's the one methinks. Nagra might be good too, but Gavankar really looks the part.

Standing by my Chen choice though.

Has anyone attempted photoshops of these yet?

16. Christopher

She doesn't look the least bit Chinese, though. I specifically said in the text that T'Ryssa had "tomboyish Asian features." If ethnicity didn't count, I'd probably go with Kristen Bell for T'Ryssa. (Heck, I'd go with Kristen Bell, period. :D )

As for Parminder Nagra, she's 5'3". That's too short for Choudhury.

17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Funny, as I've said before, for those reasons, I see Cross as Taran'atar. My Bowers is 24's BROTUS, namely DB Woodside.

18. acappellasaurus

Oh duh....Chinese....just....duh. Forget my suggesstions from earlier. It was late and I had Bledel on the brain from someone's avatar.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had one more idea for Trys, now I'm not at all attatched to her, but for some reason when I saw Lindsay Price on a commercial for Lipstick Jungle, Trys popped into my head. Now, that's all I've ever seen the show, so I'm not sure if just how much the character is like Trys.

20. acappellasaurus

Oh no no no....I have it! Trys should be Olivia Munn from G4's Attack Of The Show.