Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Chuck Finley, Aug 6, 2013.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Not only them but also principal Carmen Molina from way back in season 1.

Yeah, this was the one thing that bugged me about this episode. They were painfully obvious about what they were doing.

This completely tore me apart even though I knew it was coming. As you said, she was an innocent caught in the line of fire.

I completely agree. My first thought upon seeing Walt's ego firing up at their comments: "This is how Walt gets his fire back."

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I got the impression that this was totally intentional. She's intelligent, but not terribly smart. And she is waaaay too up tight. She's over-analyzing her situation all the time to the point of missing obvious things. This little back-to-back set up she mandated at the outset of the conversation is a perfect example at how she thinks she has all her bases covered, but in reality is showing gaping holes in her strategy by needlessly drawing attention to herself and her erratic behavior in public. She has her nose so close to the ground nitpicking all the unnecessary details with blinders on, she will be unable to see the swan-song freight train heading her way in the person of the full-on Heisenberg Walt White. I predict it will be quite cinematic and darkly amusing. :cool:

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Pretty much it and it reminded me of an earlier scene in the show when she tried to pull the same crap with Mike and he just ignored her :lol:

Why do i feel we won't be getting a Vietnam style Heisenberg flat on the ground while pouring 7.62 mm rounds into the Nazis? The show is too good for that but i'd still like to see that.

Still my favorite theory is that Walt breaks out Jesse from his slavery (thinking about Jesse's state especially after this episode and a few more months of slavery just drives me into depression), they settle scores like Jesse/Meth Damon (:guffaw::guffaw: love that moniker) and Walt/Lydia and then Jesse shoots him for all his done and Walt will let him do it realizing he has to finally own up to what he's done.

Depending on how dark the show may go the money might not even make it to Walt's family for some reason making the entire Heisenberg enterprise utterly pointless.

Damn.. an entire week to go :(

4. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, after having looked at him for a while now, to me Todd looks more like country singer, Randy Travis than Matt Damon.
    I tend to agree with this. Walt said to Saul that his intention is to go after Jack for killing Hank, indicating that he is no longer blaming Jesse for that. I could see Walt going after Jack's gang and in the process finding Jesse still alive and freeing him. But in true BB style, maybe Walt does free Jesse only to have Jesse kill him first chance he gets.

I admit that using the ricin on Lydia could happen. But I can't figure out why he would, unless maybe, he finds out she is pushing for Skyler's murder. But if he does do that, how would he get close enough to her? I doubt seriously if Lydia would meet with Walt, though I suppose he could trick her. I really hope that the destination of the ricin turns out to be worth all this speculation.

Yes, Robert Forster was a nice little surprise. That guy is an Oscar winner, isn't he?

Emotional, overreacting, brilliant Walt may be the most dangerous guy on the show, but the scariest is Todd. Count me among the legions who want to see him set on his way to Belize.

I thnk that was Saul's swan song for the show. I'll bet he never expected in the beginning that Walt would also bring him down.

What a great ride this has been. :)

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

If Saul doesn't appear in the finale, I wonder if his spin-off will employ some sort of flashback structure...with him managing a Cinnabon in the middle of Kansas, of course.

6. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This. I think that's the bottom line.

There are a lot of theories about Jesse coming back to gangsterland and cooking again, becoming a kingpin, etc. but I don't see it. Jesse is broken and in anguish. I expect him to take his own life if no one else does it for him. I could see him murdering Walt if he gets the chance but I think this ending is more about Walt destroying everything and everyone himself.

People still thinking that Walt would spare Jesse at this point need to watch Ozymandias again. ;) Jesse is dead to Walt. Period. He may have felt compassion for him before but not now. He's too far over the line.

It was sad to say good bye to Saul, but then again apparently he'll have his own spin off so, great.

Watching Jesse watch Andrea(?) bite the dust was tough. Don't think for a second Todd is becoming soft, I guess. Somehow I feel they will be paying Skyler another visit.

Vince G has mentioned Scarface in interviews... does anyone else think Walt will go down in a hail of bullets? Is the gun in the trunk his 'little friend'?

Here's what I imagine next Sunday:

• Walt goes into home, picks up that poison. Somehow gets the poison into Lydia's drink.
    • Walt blows the brains out of everyone in the nazi gang. They are armed to the teeth so maybe he'll use 'science' like he used to in the beginning. Momentarily thinks about letting Jesse go free, plugs Jesse.
    • Walt makes his last stand at Grey Matter Industries. Goes on a killing rampage with that big ass minigun in the trunk... the purpose being to destroy Grey Matter as well for that interview he watched in the bar. This may be where he's gunned down (part of his plan) by law enforcement. Better than death in a hospital?
    • Walt's efforts to get the money to his family fail. The money is somehow destroyed. I can't see anyone except Holly and Walt Jr. surviving.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

With Hank's evidence gone, Jesse can now turn over a new leaf, so he starts over and takes care of Brock.

Walt cuts an immunity deal with the DEA and brings down Lydia. With his new found freedom, he then faces the hard task of making amends with Skyler, Marie and the kids. It won't be easy but time heals all wounds.

Nah. :p

8. The Nth Doctor

If this was Dexter, that would be the ending. ;)

9. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

In talking bad last night, Vince Gilligan hinted one word for next week, woodwork. I'm thinking we well see some returning characters. Badger and Skinny Pete come to mind first, I'm not sure who else would show up, most of Walt's enemies are dead, so, I don't know.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Still working my way through the last season of Dexter. I'll be done in a day or so.

All this discussion about the ricin is fun and interesting. The show is written well enough that we're down to the last episode and it's not obvious who it's for. Is it for Lydia as suggested? Probably. Who knows. Walt needs to kill someone in such a way that it looks like natural causes or he wants that person to know they're dying. Right now, I can't think of anyone who fits that bill. I jumped on the Gretchen and Elliott bandwagon because they come closest, but they're a stretch too.

What does a man who has nothing to lose need ricin for? That's the big question.

11. The Nth Doctor

The zombie season...finale!

Oh...wait...this isn't Lost. Sorry, I got swept away to a few years ago.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

That's a good point about how he deduces that they kept Jesse alive and that's the reason he left. I didn't think of that. Although from his psychopathic mind he could very well still want to murder Elliot & Gretchen because they're the one Walt blames for taking away his deserved riches in the first place.

I don't think he was spurred into action by wanting to save Jesse though. They took HIS product. They bogarted the Heisenberg legend. Nobody gets to make his product but HIM.

Besides Badger and Skinny Pete who else is still alive who has been out of the show for a while? Unless...Q remembers when he spoke to Walt at the bar, and the next day his daughter who was dating Jesse Pinkman who was tied to Walt died and comes out frothing at the mouth to make Walt suffer. Q attempted suicide if I recall correctly but was unsuccessful.

13. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

^It wasn't stated either way, just that he had shot himself and was in critical cond.

14. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I think that was the point. Lydia is woefully ill-equipped for this life. Remember, she tried to do this exact same thing with Mike, and he had none of it. He made it quite clear the the cloak and dagger act is only even more conspicuous. Todd, however, is not Mike. He's very eager to please Lydia, for obvious reasons, so of course he'll go along with the ridiculous talking across two tables without a second thought.

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

^eh, Q doesn't do anything for me there. With everything that's built up, Jayne's death is a bad one for the show to try and avenge.

Besides, he didn't even kill her, s OD'ed. He just didn't save her. And why would Q assume Walt either killed her or watched her die? I don't think there's anything in that storyline that helps, and would be a letdown, honestly.

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

But if you put yourself in the father's shoes. He's driven insane by his mistake that killed over a hundred people. He sees Walter on the news, and Jesse associated with Walter. One day after he met Walter, his daughter who was dating Jesse died.

What grieving father wouldn't connect the dots if only by the Stroop effect and associate Walter inextricably with his daughter's death. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but I think it's plausible.

17. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I kinda think that ship has sailed, too. I had hoped that Q might blame Jesse right after Jayne's death, since Jesse was somewhat responsible. But it didn't happen and things have moved on.

Besides, Jesse's picture isn't being flashed on the news as being an associate of Walt's. As someone else pointed out up thread, Jesse doesn't appear to even be on the DEA radar since Hank removed him from custody. So Q would have no way of tieing Jesse to Walt. And now that the aryans have removed the confession, Jesse could might just be able to go free IF he doesn't die.

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't Jane's dad kill himself in prison? I though there was a remark in the show about it somewhere.

19. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Lydia said that the police were looking for Jesse when Todd mentioned that they had him. That doesn't mean he's getting the media coverage that Walt is, but he is certainly on their radar.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So do people expect Walt to die in the final episode? By cancer, suicide, or bullet?

Something tells me they're going to subvert expectations once again and have him survive, miserable and in prison, or on the run all alone.

Also, will his final act be good or evil? Will he sacrifice himself to rescue Jesse? Or go in there guns blazing to kill the Nazis and Jesse?