The Missing by Una McCormack (Future book- probable spoilers)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by ITCH, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Sounds like a lot going on, I cannot wait!

2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm so glad to see another story mention the Vanguard books and the use of the Shedai records being mentioned if it falls into enemy hands it will cause all kinds of problems for Federation and it's allies.
    Yay! This is going to be a great novel to follow up to :techman:the Fall miniseries!

3. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

The comments on Star Trek.com seem to have a point; DS9 now seems to be crewed by TNG characters.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

People move around in the military all the time. It's not very realistic for the same crew to remain in the same jobs at the same installation forever.

5. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's only because 3 TNG characters are mentioned in the synopsis, and only one is permanently on DS9: Captain Ro. Crusher is only temporary, I'm sure she'll be back on the Enterprise soon, and Pulaski was probably stuck there after A Ceremony of Losses.

6. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Nog and O'Brien as well as Quark should still be aboard the second DS9. Plus, we may or may not get an update on what Kira and Odo have been up to after Revelation and Dust as neither of them was mentioned in A Ceremony of Losses.

Pulaski is commanding the science vessel Athene Donald whose crew is comprised of nationals from both the Khitomer Accords and Typhon Pact. She's just at Deep Space 9 until the Athene Donald receives permission to leave for the Gamma Quadrant.

I think I should bring up right now that the producers of the DS9 TV series initially wanted Ro Laren as a main character. The relaunch novels finally gave us that in 2001.

7. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Sounds good. I'm in for sure!

8. Reanok

Una McCormack was at Destination London along with James Swallow this past weekend. They had a panel discussing their novels and signing their earlier Star Trek novels I saw their pictures over Startrek.com and Trek movie.

9. Enterpriserules

Any new from those panels?

10. Reanok

Unfortunately No all they had was pictures no reports about their paneL Q&A .I really wish they'd posted news about their upcoming books.

11. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Una did talk a bit about that upcoming book, and Pulaski, but I'd rather not risk repeating what I remember. My memory is like a sieve, so misremembering some details and saying something incorrect is a possibility.

But no juicy details were revealed ;)

12. 2of1million

2of1million Captain Captain

I can't wait for this book! I like that Dr. Pulaski is back in Trek Lit. I'm a big fan of the character. :cool:

13. Reanok

That's really neat you got to see Una and hear hear talking about her new Ds9 book. I definitely plan on getting this one and Disavowed.

14. Enterpriserules

I love Una's work so this is a must!