What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

No fun, I started Monopoly Classic a few days ago. Highly entertaining.

2. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

DayZ Standalone. I like the game, I die after getting a gun it seems every time either because of the mike tyson/usain bolt zombies they have or the people who play it as well. Sometimes I go on populated servers to screw around with people but I do try to play it seriously sometimes but I always die.

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

A few of the Battlefield series lately (2:MC, BC2, 3, 4)

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Bought a pre-owned copy of "The Force Unleashed II" today and played a little bit of it. I played the first one when it originally came out and thought it was okay, but not good enough to pay full price for the sequel.

I actually went to the store planning to buy a PS4 and Infamous: Second Son...but my brain decided that I can still wait a little while for that.

$20 on a used game seemed like a better option than $500 on a new console and game, at least for today.

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For the first two hours or so I was strongly disliking the game. Sure, the gameplay was great, but there was a 5-1 ratio of cutscenes to gameplay and it was seriously pissing me off. I was actually extremely close to quitting the game, but then it hit me. I can skip cutscenes! I am now happily enjoying the game. I have no idea what's going on, but I don't care. The battles are fun and that's all that matters.

6. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

I started playing Terraria on the train home, and was surprised at how much there in the game to actually do.
    So I'm playing that.

7. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Games I've been playing lately:
    -Cabela's African Adventures (PS3)
    -Cabela's Big Pro Hunts (PS3, until I found that the disc had pinholes in the data side of the disc, which made the game unplayable)
    -Lightning Returns: FFXII (PS3, which I played until the bosses started showing their cheap, invincible sides, totally taking the fun out of the game...too bad too, because I had Lightning lookin' all sexy in her Yuna Gunner garb).
    -Watch Dogs (PS4). Fun game. Making traffic accidents by hacking the traffic lights never gets old.
    -Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4). Very cool fps. The grandfather of first person shooters gets the ultimate (up to now) upgrade, and it's a blast.
    -Elder Scrolls Oblivion (Xbox 360). Been revisiting this game in anticipation for Elder Scrolls Online...but, given the dismal reviews I've read by other players here for the PC version, and the fact that the console version has been pushed back several months , I'll just wait for ES VI.

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Regarding Lightning Returns: I never had any problems with the regular bosses. The only boss that I gave me a bit of trouble was the one in The Wildlands (I don't wanna post any spoilers). Oreshkigal (the final Ultimate Lair boss) wasn't that bad either. Aeronite (the hardest boss in the game) was a total pain though. ;)

9. Echtzeit

Echtzeit Lieutenant

Diablo 3, and that's about it. Used to play WoW, but with both working full-time and attending college part-time, it's just become too time-consuming for me.

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

GameDev Tycoon - A really fun game where you take on the role of a game developer, and try to build a game company empire. Lots of fun. I've been playing it since it first came out some time ago, and if you get a chance to, you should try it out.

Jeopardy 2003 - Yeah, it's 11 years old, but I've yet to see another (or better) Jeopardy game released. Go ahead, pick again.

Ship Simulator Extremes - I'm a big fan of ships, so it was only natural that I play one of the few ship simulators available. While it's a decent simulator as physics go, it is very lacking in other areas. For example, it's very empty, in terms of environment. There's no life to it. Now, I think most simulators suffer this to some degree, but SS's lack of a populated environment is really noticeable. There's also the issue of how they say you can fully explore your ship, which isn't so. You have the bridge, stairwells, and the deck of your ship. There are few options beyond that, and with it being lifeless, and the details of the ship being subpar, there's just no real point.

11. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

I've bought & installed WATCH DOGS a few days ago. Guess what? I haven't found the time to start playing the damn game...
    Same happened to me with BF4 - still waiting to be touched... I'm such a tool...

12. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

My computer is finally so old that it plain refuses to play modern games. I need a DX11 card and my card only goes to 10. Started with Tropico 5 which just broke my heart. Checked some other recent releases to see if they were all the same, and watchdogs and wolfenstein were the same deal. It had a good run, playing everything from late 2007 till today. Most recently getting me through Black Flag. I think this is the first time I used a computer till it was actually too old to run modern games as its still fast enough to do pretty much everything else other than gaming. Time to start reading up again and figuring out when it'll be a good time to jump back in on hardware. Ideally I like to have a computer that's faster than the current gen console.

13. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Tomodachi Life -- LOVE this game! It's been pretty fun so far, working on building up my island and the relationships on it.

14. martok2112

The latest add-on for Xbox Live's "State of Decay" called "Lifeline". Sp far, so fun. :)

15. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Finished Outlast on PS4 last night. Wondered about getting the whistleblower dlc but decided to wait, more interested in trying trials fusion if I'm going to buy something.

16. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What game is it? I'm not familiar.

17. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Harpoon. I've got it around somewhere around but I haven't played it for years. Perhaps it's time to stick it on again.

I've been playing Shadow Warrior recently

18. martok2112

The very game that Tom Clancy used to help in his writing of "The Hunt for Red October". :)

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Playing "The Force Unleashed II." Not really enjoying it.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You know every time those games have come up in the Steam sales I've ummed and arred but never gave into my curiosity. As much as I'd like to play a new Star Wars action game, I haven't seen a good one since Jedi Outcast and Republic Commando.