Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Resurrect the corpse, grab a new one form the past, new age appropriate clone, de-age the old man, or grow some balls on Laura?

Seriously, all you had to do was throw the statue-coffin through the siege perilous and wait.

:)

2. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why would they when they have old man Logan all set for a movie based on... old man Logan?

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice catch there, I honestly hadn't even realized they did that.

4. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

hopefully the really for reals Wolverine will stay dead a couple more years. Laura as Wolverine is far more interesting.

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I haven't read anything with her in it, but I am enjoying Old Man Logan so I hope it sticks around awhile.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Civil War II #1. Really bizarre how the story takes place before and after the FBCD issue, which sadly had much better art. And boy was the ending of Civil War #0 misleading. I thought it showed Ulysses blowing up that city and waking up in the aftermath, but apparently it was just a vision he had. I don't think this reason for fighting is as good as the original Civil War, though it's funny how they're aping Iron Man's motivation from the Civil War movie for the Civil War II comic.

7. Guy Gardener

Iron Man is the liberal this time?

But this is exactly what he was doing in Force Works in the early nineties.

Predictive algorithm super computer, plus Wanda's Hex mutant magic = future threats uncovered early that have to be dealt with.

Oh, Kang.

Tony Stark used to be the b'tch of a Time traveller who was gardening the timeline.

Although, Iron Man 2020 turned out to be much less of a dick than we thought he would be.

Is No wings on the side of his head a clue?

(Steve looks naked.)

Is he supposed to be Heroes Reborn Captain America?

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

^ I'd like to think he learned his lesson, but it does seem out of character that the futurist who is generally a law and order type is not wanting to be proactive in shaping the future and is worried about stopping a crime from occurring before it occurs. That being said, there's a bit of a "You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole." I tend to agree with his position (the punishment can't come before the crime), but I like that he still comes off as unlikeable when he's advocating it. That'll go a long way towards Carol's position seeming reasonable.

My hope is they match the original death of Jean Grey. If they can last that long, it's a success.

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Avengers #200? Oh, God. That would be so terrible on film. Don't give them any ideas! :eek:

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Civil War II # 2... it's okay, but it's just really hard to get excited about this or feel like it's a true "event". Hell, I was more excited about Fear Itself than I was for this, and that turned out to be a huge disappointment :vulcan:

Also, I really think I'm coming to my wit's end when it comes to Bendis-speak. It's just so utterly inconsistent with anything else and people basically all speak the same...

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Saga

god, why is Civil War II so awful? it makes no sense. everyone is stupid and useless.

13. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I really doubt it. As long as Joe Quesada is even slightly involved with Marvel, he'll never let his stupid, stupid edict be reversed.

In other news, Dan Slott is apparently rehashing the most "beloved" of Spider-Man things

http://www.theouthousers.com/index....bvious-dead-no-more-the-clone-conspiracy.html

The previously announced "Dead No More" story, which was supposed to be about dead characters mysteriously returning, has an actual name now (the last one was a fake one): The Clone Conspiracy. Yep, more clones. Because if there is one thing Spider-Man needs more of, its storylines involving clones.

14. Guy Gardener

I found it hilarious that Illayana, seen in this story, who is also a time traveller, rather than a visioneer, kept mum, and what about "Little Jean Grey" (I swear, the men of Marvel have to call her that to train themselves all not to daydream about long walks on the beach in the rain, holding hands with this child.) a (literal) time bomb, who is eventually going to return to the past where she belongs and screw over this UNACCEPTABLE present, or old man Logan who is on a killing spree "right now" to make certain that the... Logan tried to kill the wrong Hulk a couple months back, because the Incredible Hulk's hillbilly offspring murdered his own wife and kids.

"Wait, what? You're not Banner!"

How many time machine's (and the (Illuminati) bridge used to examine alternate Earths a little ahead of 616) did Peter Parker find in the basement after he bought the Baxter Building?

The whole Zodiac storyline in Spider-Man at the moment is about controlling future information to control the present.

Jim or Carol, one of them had to die as soon as they started boning, because "Avenge my sweetheart" is powerful drama, even though from the looks of things Rhodey and Tony were also sleeping together. Yes, I can tell the difference between fraternal love and romantic love, but sometimes I don't want to.

Although.

20 thousand quatloos says that this ends like (zombie) Bobby Ewing in the shower half way through Dallas.... This entire story is a dream, about a future Ulysses decides not to walk. :(

Tony Stark was Kang's bitch for two thirds of his career as Iron Man. A future man was enthralling Stark to manipulate time and space using murder and financial Enterprise to idealize reality for a despotic dystopic supervillain.

What happened to that Earth II (New Counter Earth?) full of future people from a doomed Earth in Millar's run of Fantastic Four?

Tempus.

Bendis has an X-Man, well on her way to becoming a god of Time and Space, who is currently missing from anything noticeable on 616, and has no issue with reversing months laid out of time, if she is unhappy with the outcome.

15. kirk55555

Some Captain America news:

Nick Spencer and Tom Brevoort are a-holes, and liers.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135664-captain-america-secret-nazi-no-more.html

This "shocking" turn of events is definitely something no one could have predicted. Hopefully those with weak hearts can handle the shock of learning that, despite the claims to the contrary from Spencer and Brevoort, Captain America...was just brainwashed into being a Nazi. By Kobik, the cosmic cube who is now a little girl and is apparently under the control of Red Skull.

You could get pedantic and say that what Kobik did isn't technically mind control, since its more like implanting memories, but still. Its basically mind control. I wouldn't call Spencer and Brevoort a-holes, though, if they hadn't gone out of their way to keep insisting that it wasn't a trick. They've lost all credibility. Yeah, I assume comic writers lie in interviews sometimes, but these two were pretty extreme, even though it was pretty obvious they were lying about HYDRA Cap not being some kind of trick.

16. Saga

i don't know why you are surprised. Brevoort is well known for toeing the company line, to the point where he outright lies. and as awful as that issue was i doubt anyone really for reals thought Cap would be evil forever.

17. kirk55555

Oh, I'm not really surprised. Everyone knew it would be a trick somehow. Still, they were so intensely saying that it wasn't a trick, I assumed they had an at least partially clever way of explaining why he went evil. What they went with is super simple, predictable (especially if you read Avengers: Standoff and have been following Red Skull stuff in Avengers), and basically made them about as big a liers as possible. I'd say that they have both lost what little credibility they had, and I still won't be reading a Nick Spencer book again.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Meh, writers/directors do this kind of stuff so often now that I don't even get upset about it anymore.
    Although if the Kobik altered reality, then technically they weren't lying, once reality was altered then Steve Rogers would have always been a Nanzi. So now it'll just be a matter of either Kobik, somebody with another Cosmic Cube (there is more than one, right?) or someone with reality altering power simply putting things back to the way they were.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Mr Light likes this.
  19. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

His name is John Harrison, it is most definitely NOT Khan!

20. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh no, the writers didn't tell how their story ended before the first issue was out, how strange! And people believed them when they tried to misdirect. Even stranger!

Are people actually saying the writers of the stories should tell the truth and spoil how it ends?

Turtletrekker likes this.