GTA V Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jax, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ You can mark "points of interest" on the map. And I wouldn't doubt that 99% of people who find all the jumps/pieces/etc use guides at some point.

2. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

How to make money using the stock market:

Though getting so much money after beating the game defeats the purpose of making money and buying properties during the game...

3. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you link your game with a Rockstar Social Club account, they track everything you need to do to achieve 100% completion and have maps for most of the things you have yet to find. You also don't have to accomplish all 50 stunt jumps, just 25 of them.

I got 100% completion on all the 3D GTA games, and I was sitting at 85% when I finished the story in V, so I may as well go for 100% again. At least this time there's none of those fecking birds that you have to shoot, triggering a wanted level every. Single. Time. :brickwall:

4. Mr. Adventure

Had a pretty good moment last night. After a character switch to Michael at the movie studio there are two actors in astronaut gear by the exit. I tried to take a "selfie" with them but they got belligerent. Took the fight outside the studio gates and roughed them up. Got in my car and started taking shots from the security guard chasing in a golf cart yelling "No one fucks with this rent-a-cop." Great stuff.

5. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT, thats the 5th time i've switched to trevor with him in the middle of the interstate with a fucking wanted level i've had to get wasted/busted so many fucking times because of that shit

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

7. Rincewiend

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpk2el7e2EE&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

8. Mr. Adventure

^ I inadvertently dumped out of the helicopter two or three times looking for the right button and forgetting one was "exit".

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn, that game looks great.

Any news on a PC version? PS4?

10. Sephiroth

I found a place to pick up molotov cocktails

11. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

How do you rate the soundtrack for GTA V? I'd say it wasn't quite as solid as the revolutionary soundtrack for GTA Vice City (or Vice City Stories), but it was better than the soundtrack for GTA IV (and spin offs), and more comparable to the track selection for GTA San Andreas.

I find myself returning to the Classic Rock Radio and Non Stop Pop, with the music selections on those stations having the most personality, nostalgia factor, and entertainment value (even though the latter station was a bit too short). Three of my favourite music selections are "Anthem", "Music Sounds Better With You" and "Rhythm of the Night" (which are reminiscent of the underrated track selections "Pacific State", "Voodoo Ray" and "Break 4 Love" which were featured on San Andreas' SF-UR).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  12. Sephiroth

I always liked the talk stations, the LS talk station is weak but the public radio one is great

13. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I like the segments featuring Lazlow having an on air meltdown, plus the political ads and debates featuring a knuckle headed Republican (ex-stuntman) and pompous Democrat (ex-teacher).

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm proud to say that Franklin has now become a legitimate businessman with his first acquisition - a medical marijuana dispensary. The towing company will probably be his next one.

15. Sephiroth

Just south of Hookies is a very small bridge (ninja panther alert!) underneath it is a molotov spawn, and in the porta-john cabin outside of Hookies is a baseball bat

16. Rincewiend

Played a bit of online yesterday, it's ok i guess...

17. TheGodBen

The soundtrack is alright, but I don't think any game can top the amazingness of soundtracks in the Vice City games.

I love the new radio wheel, that's a great innovation that should definitely become the new standard for GTA-clones. But the downside is that I find myself sticking to the stations I know I like instead of flicking through the stations and discovering new songs, which would happen sometimes in the previous games.

The towing company is a waste unless you really love the towing minigame. It provides no weekly income, only $500 for each car towed, so to get a return on your investment you need to tow a whopping 300 cars.

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, I found that out after my post by reading this guide. I had really only been considering it as part of Franklin's "role-play" anyway, so definitely no loss in not buying it.

I would've ended up towing some cars, but definitely not 300!

19. TheGodBen

I actually did buy it, expecting it to be like the businesses in Vice City where you had to do a couple of missions to unlock a decent daily income. I did five towing missions, looked it up online, and realised that I had made a terrible mistake.

All the businesses in V are a waste of money really because they take far too long to make a profit. It's more realistic, but it makes them pointless from a gameplay perspective.

20. Mr. Adventure

I find the properties are more fun just for the pseudo missions that come up occasionally than for actual profit. "Hey someone stole our weed shipment!"

Free upgrades at Los Santos Customs is a good perk as well.