FLASH series being developed for The CW

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yes, he gets his speed from the speed force after all. It's not like he needs to be all juiced up to tap into it.

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Have you seen how muscular sprinters are??

So I still consider tge 90s Flash as the benchmark for tv super suits, but in a real world sense, this costume may be better.

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

They're muscular, yeah, but not big and buff like Wolverine or Flash from the 90s series.

Much as I enjoyed the show, I always thought Shipp looked and moved way too much like a slow, lumbering bodybuilder in the suit. He just didn't look naturally fast at all.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I haven't watched Arrow S2 yet, I'm waiting for it to finish airing (Recording each episode to DVD as it airs, so I can marathon it).

But, I would think, whatever gave Flash his superpowers, wouldn't have beefed him up, so, you wouldn't expect him to be any bigger then when he got zapped or whatever, right? In the 1990s Series, he had to constantly wolf down carbs/food, so, zipping around like The Flash does, would make it tough to bulk up, no? (The need for body fuel is a consistent requirement/rule in most continuities, right?)

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The need to consume mass quantities was introduced when Wally West took over as The Flash in the late 80's/early 90's. I don't think the Barry Allen character has ever needed to do so.

6. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    And it was ditched as a story element for Wally West, too, as I recall. It was certainly gone by Mark Waid's run.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, when Wally's powers went from "physical" to "speed force" (He also went from a top speed of about mach 1 to again being able to hit near light) he no longer required eating so much.

8. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the suit, but I'm hoping that as the series progresses it will evolve into something a bit more familiar.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Acclimatization.

In 3 or 4 years we'll hardly notice how much it sucks any more.

Can someone photshop a mock up of Professor Zoom in a Reverse Flash outfit?

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The Flash doesn't need to look muscular, but he should look like he's old enough to drive.

I'm on the fence about the suit...it manages to look practical and over-designed at the same time...could grow on me...and it doesn't look like the 90s muscle suit, which I hated.

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

My thoughts exactly. I like the idea of an athletic suit with Savage Dragon's suggestion of golf ball dimples (i.e., turbulators), or textures with other applications, such as control surfaces, sooo much better.

12. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suspect we'll see some effects on the costume that will change the way it looks while he's running. This costume has some of the same seams as the New 52 version; and those light up like a yellow Tron character when he's running.

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the suit fine, but somebody posted a photo of a speedskater a few pages back. Add some boots and a helmet and the "fixins" and that is really what Flash should look like IMO.

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The CW has ordered the show to series.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm shocked! Not really... :) This is cool because The Flash is one of my favorite super-heroes. Hopefully it lasts longer than the first series...

16. Guy Gardener

I need to see Gorrilla Grodd eat someone.

Just walking around sucking on severed human limbs like they were lollypops.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Simon Baker (who is an Australian) as Captain Boomerang?

Not really, Boomerang is practically an Australian hillbilly even if it was still the 1970s.

Simon would still have to put on a silly accent to play the character.

17. Savage Dragon

I seriously doubt we are going to see Grodd picking his teeth with someone's femur. In fact I'm pretty sure we won't see Grodd at all.

18. Guy Gardener

If the next Planet of the Apes movie makes 3 billion dollars (which is of course unlikely), I don't think that they could stop themselves.

Abra kadabra supposedly makes the Joker look like Mary Poppins.

19. Savage Dragon

Do you really think the CW will give them the budget to make a convincing talking Gorilla?

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Are we seriously talking about Grodd as a possibility? Flash is being spun off from the initially realistic and grounded Arrow universe. They're expanding into technologically-induced superpowers now to accommodate the Flash spinoff, but I doubt they'll go too far into fantasy.

Although I wouldn't totally rule out a story about, say, someone genetically engineering a superintelligent gorilla who turns out to be malevolent -- but who speaks in sign language rather than English. In fact, I could've sworn I'd already seen that done on an episode of Lois and Clark or Superboy or something, but Wikipedia doesn't mention it.