X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Interesting picture. I thinking that is part of the 70s "First Class era". I was not expecting to see Logan at the school than. Or am I wrong? I do not recgnise the other guy. Anyone know?

2. Dick Whitman

Ok I looked its Beast. I did not recognize the actor, I never seen him in anything but X-men.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not expecting to see Logan there, but it's not like he hasn't lost his memory before.

4. Dick Whitman

I was thinking the same thing about his memories. Also he is the obvious choice to bridge the different time periods due to him not aging.

In the original comic Senator Kelly's assassination lead to the Sentinels extermination of mutants. Of course Kelly was killed in the first film. I been speculating if somehow this movie ties into that. Maybe he is killed at a younger age and a completely different future is created.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This can take place 70-78, before the events in Origins at Three Mile Island in '79 when the memory wipe admantium bullet to the brain happens.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The tweet I believe stated 1973...perhaps this is time traveling Logan. Also they're supposed to be ignoring "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"...it's the Last Stand that they're not completely ignoring. No doubt this film will involve a lot of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff.

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

McAvoy still hasn't sold me on being Xavier, especially not one who will become Patrick Stewart's Xavier in a few decades. The 70's George Harrison look really isn't doing him any favors on that front.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Awesome photo! Except...nah, I won't say it this time.

9. Admiral_Young

^ Needs more Kelsey Grammar ;)

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Your spelling of Grammer is incorrect :p

The point still stands, though, even if they are in fact ignoring Origins ( though it's probably more along the lines of not having a direct connection to anything specific from that film ); at some point Logan lost his memory even without Origins, and it was most likely after the First-Class-in-the-70s timeframe.

11. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Quit being such a Grammer Nazi.

My suspicion is Wolverine time-travels. If not, I don't have too much of a problem from the Logan end what with the memory loss, but I have concerns about the X-Men working with Wolverine before the events of the first X-Men movie.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Not mentioning a specific event from Origins does not equal ignoring it, just means there isn't a need based on the story at hand to refer back to.

Also, why isn't Beast all blue and furry in that pic?

13. Chensams

Chensams Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as I loved the original comic, they seem to be jamming way too many characters in this.

14. Admiral_Young

Most of those characters will have small roles or cameos I'm assuming. The large cast doesn't concern me at all.

I'm assuming either Hank has been experimenting on himself or CGI will be added later, or there's already time travel involved in this scene that we have no idea about because we're viewing it out of context.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Hank could be using an image inducer, which would explain away his human appearance in X2 as well.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

This movie is looking really good. I liked all 3 of the main X-Men movies, and First Class was awesome. Origins sucked, but I'm pretty sure they're just ignoring it. Its cool to see all of these actors being a part of the movie, especially Stewart, McKellan and Jackman.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking about him possibly experimenting on himself, but I didn't think of the CGI option. I would think if it were CG he would have some kind of markers on his face, if not a full mocap suit.

18. Admiral_Young

Our first trailer is going to be absolutely fascinating to watch isn't it? I can't wait for it.

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Wolverine has a vague backstory somewhat like Origins, as implied by X2, even without Origins. ( And if we get a 70s Logan who hasn't time-traveled and has the bone claws, however likely or unlikely that is, that would be not ignoring Origins. )

20. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, obviously some of Origins fits in with Wolverine in the other X-Men movies, but that doesn't mean it happened the way the movie said it does. I'm just saying that a lot of the stupider useless stuff like screwed up Deadpool, magic memory erasing bullet, Sabertooth having a connection to Logan (which X-Men 1 almost contradicts anyway, with Sabertooth being completely different and never mentioning Wknowing Wolverine) and stuff like that can safely be ignored. There are also complete contradictions of Origins in FC. I'm pretty sure Emma frost in Origins doesn't work with the Emma Frost in First Class since FC Emma is in her late 20's or early thirties in the 60's in FC, and she was younger in Origins, which couldn't have taken place in the sixties (because Prof X was older, aka Patrick Stewart, and Cyclops was a teen so for his age to work in the trilogy Origins couldn't have taken place anywhere near the time of FC). Since FC is definately in continuity with the trilogy, and Origins is constantly ignored/contradicted in FC, it stands to reason that Origins is pretty much non canon for the X-Men movies now, even if some of the events could fit with stuff that happened to Logan. No one says he had to have gotten amnesia that way. It could just be the adamantium bonding process gave him amnesia (I'm pretty sure thats what happened in the comics). There's nothing i can remember in the movies that say that couldn't be the case. Its more like Origins was somewhat similar to Wolverine's "actual" origins for the X-Men trilogy, but doesn't tell the actual story.