What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally started Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Its been sitting in my Steam account for the last six months because I didn't have enough spare HD space to install it.

Loving it so far.

2. Rory1080p

Rory1080p Lieutenant Red Shirt

still addicted to Gears 3 online on my 360 and Football Manger on my laptop, other than that I played FIFA 12 a bit still on my PS3 and Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics on my Wii :D

3. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 for the last several weeks and am loving it!

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I finally got around to playing Arkham City, and it's taken up a fair chunk of my free time over the last week. I think I'm close to finishing the main story, but there's so much other stuff to do that I keep getting distracted from it! :lol:

5. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Man... The Riddler trophies - there are SO many of them. I especially despised having to get Catwoman's trophies, since it's much slower getting around Arkham with her.

Some of the riddles are pretty obscure as well, even after getting marked to your map, it's still painstakingly difficult to find the exact position in which you have to be, or even the location of the riddle.

The story is great, but I would have preferred it longer, along with the addition of more characters from the Batman franchise, along with being able to play as Robin and Nightwing in the main story, in the same way you play as Catwoman during the main story.

6. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished ME3 last night. Gutted that it's all over. I wasn't as bothered about the ending as a lot of people seem to be.

I see that they're already talking Mass Effect 4 - Personally.....
    I can't imagine ME without Shepard. The series and the character are entwined as far as I'm concerned. As much as I adore the series I'm not sure if I'll continue if the series continues without Shepard and co.

:(

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am hoping that this is something we'll see in the next installment. The games keep getting bigger. Let's bring in the whole gang for the next one!

8. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just tried doing a speed run of Half-Life. It's impossible for me to string together a perfect run in one go, cause it takes me a million attempts to get some of the glitches right, but I'm going to have another go tomorrow.

9. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I finally got the chance to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The game is great but I'm still going to wait for the Game of the Year edition before I buy it.

A fun video I found on Youtube a couple days ago.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SEuoEJkODE[/yt]

10. Mr Silver

Picked up a copy of Mass Effect 2 today, without having played the original (some of the game elements don't agree with me, but I'll probably play ME1 at some point anyway).

So, does anyone have any tips for me, where ME2 is concerned?

11. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

If you want your squad mates to survive you need to do their loyalty missions and talk to them afterwards.

Incindiary ammo is great against armor and organics
    Use disruptor ammor for shields or mechs
    You can ignore the random missions but they are short and fun

Really the gameplay advice depends on what class you play as.

12. Angel4576

In lieu of actually playing ME1, there's always the Genesis DLC, although I'd recommend actually playing the first game personally.

13. Mr Silver

I'm playing the soldier class, just going for a "meat and potatoes" approach, for my first playthrough.

I've just finished the mission, in which you recruit the hyperactive alien doctor. I've also just finished scanning the three (currently visible) planets for resources, in the starting sector.

Any suggestions where I should go from here?

14. Angel4576

If you've got the Doctor then you're at Omega - may as well go after Archangel while you're there.

15. 6079SmithW

Since you're a soldier just take cover and shoot. Soldiers get every weapon in ME2 so you have a range of shooting options. Shotgun for close combat, assault rifle for medium range and sniper for distance. Use adrenaline rush to line up head shots with the sniper.

As Angel4576 said do Archangel's mission next as its required anyway. The galaxy opens up a little after that I think. You don't have to deplete every planet of resources just get enough to fill your meter. You can find side quests on the planets by scanning when edi detects an anomaly.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I normally dislike Western games, but I thought I would try to broaden my horizons and give one a shot. I picked up the Witcher: Enhanced Edition last night after hearing quite a few good things about it. It's a WRPG that's supposed to be a sort of anti-Oblivion, so I'm very curious to try it out. That's my plans for the weekend.

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Since we had no summer this year, I thought I'd get some vicarious African sun by re-playing Far Cry 2 and trying to get all the buddy missions and Jackal Tapes...

18. 6079SmithW

I tried to get all the diamonds in my second play through. I got all the hidden suitcases but somehow screwed up an assassination mission and didn't get the payment for it. Apparently if you don't kill your target on the first try you don't get paid. Its the only single player achievement I have left.

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I got all the diamonds first time round, but not all the tapes and buddies.

I think that with the exception of the Saints Row trilogy, it's my favourite 360 game by a long way. I hope FC3 will be as good.

20. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've finally been broken down to join the consol gamer community and I picked up an X-Box. I grabbed the new Madden, Halo: Anniversary, and Halo 3 to go with it.