Which fan fiction series would you watch?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Galen4, Nov 16, 2008.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Rhona Mitra as Captain Duell...I just imagine her being the captain in a story I am doing and thats all i need...then I get out my old BOSTON LEGAL DVDS and drool over her..

Rob

2. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i didn't notice the comment, coming as it did right at the end and after a big-up to Sigils and Unions.

but, no-one's mentioned Spec Ops, The Romulan War, the various Red Shirts series or IST or TMU or Parallel Lives...

3. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

captcalhoun:
    Personally it is only because I haven't read much of them but for what it is worth I always look forward to your monthly challenges and they are always quite visual and often a viseral exciting experience that would make for exciting telly! I promise I will get to read more of your work - just given some time.

4. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

TLR did a BIG list of series, Sigils and Unions being only one of them. Just scanning through stuff can really cause one to miss a whole lot of what's said.

5. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Calhoun-I lost the link to your stories(don't ask, it was just one of many lost during The Great Laptop Disaster) and couldn't remember the names. Parallel Lives would be spectacular on screen and your Romulan War would make a good HBO mini-series. Now calm down, m'man. If its any consolation, NO ONE wants to see my crap on the screen!;) Although I think Lost At Home/The Dove Farm would play well in Poughkeepsie!:guffaw:

6. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

the link's in my sig, fool!

7. SLWalker

SLWalker The OG Scotty Fangirl Premium Member

I said I did! :P

8. Mistral

:alienblush:See, this is what happens when Xbox kicks out a new COD game! I try to live on 4 hours sleep a night and the mind begins to go. To quote the best father in the whole world,

"Doh!"

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Definitely First Contact: The Iron Horse.

That series fucking ROCKS. It would make the most awesome Trek series in awhile. Sort of a Damnation Alley-meets-Trek kind of thing.

Go read it here. Unfortunately it isn't finished (and hasn't been updated in awhile) but you will love what is there.

10. Mistral

I have read it-forgot about it but you are so right, this would rock.

11. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I know one series that the stuido wouldn't want to make. Mine. To pull off CT, they'd need a loan from Congress in order to cover the budget.

12. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, hey, now'd be a good time to do that! Just don't fly there on a private jet, rumor has it Congress frowns on that. :lol:

13. Maxillius

Maxillius Commander Red Shirt

I think United Trek would make an awesome series, somewhat centered on the Bluefin and the Border Service but inclusive of all elements.

Both Ratboy's series would be kick-ass TV too, but I think those stories might take 15 seasons to tell :D

14. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

Star Trek: Endeavour, which is a continuation of ENT about the Earth/Romulan War, and also ignores TATV.

I'd also watch Star Trek: Avalon, which takes place in the far future of the Trek-verse, and is sort of like Mad Max meets Firefly meets Star Trek, for lack of a better description.

15. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks. :)

But I honestly don't think Supermax would work all that well onscreen.

Too internal. Too much first-person narration. Too dark. Not enough action.

It might succeed on HBO--my chief inspiration was Oz, after all.

I think most everyone else's series would work great, though some would be better as movies than TV series. Gibraltar, for example, would have to be either a series of movies, or a "novel for television"-type series like The Wire.

16. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anyone remember Rust Red by Walter Sochack? I absolutely adored that series, and then he unexpectedly stopped writing - now I think even the website no longer exists... :(

Set on a Klingon BoP post ST:VI, with a motley crew of Klingons, ex-Starfleet and other rogues and misfits and led by the daughter of the late Commander Kruge, I think it was as close to a "Firefly" type series as we're ever likely to get in Trek (but better!). I miss that fic.

17. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was great stuff! Sad to hear it's no longer available. :(

18. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

19. Mistral

actually, Epsilon, I think the Jerry LaSalle stories here would make great TV:

http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/startrek/stories.html

but they aren't strictly canon-based. Oh, and Vesta would be amazing-but would probably cost a couple mill+ per episode! Lots of CGI. Lots of explosions, battles, and truly alien aliens.