The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
  2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

lots of nice stuff. i imagine Malgus will be about as easy to find as Mara Jade or Plagueis. all the 6 inch Black Series figures look great. not sure if i'll get any Rebels stuff.

3. cooleddie74

That repack of Starkiller is going to be hot, but he should be a bit easier to find than the 2012 Vintage Collection figure ever was.

4. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Damn you, Hasbro! :p I have to admit that while the Bayformer incarnation of Drift is a wholly separate character from his IDW incarnation (IMO), I do like his visual design and the fact that he's a triple changer. What I can't fathom is why Hasbro is making two separate main figures in two different size categories that each have one vehicle mode, but there won't be an actual triple changer even though there are two triple changers who use a mold that would fit both.

5. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

New Shelf Avengers stuff! Black Knight already has a mini Strider, and now he has a mini Garrett Castle. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too small to stand up in, so he'll use it as a bed. :p

[​IMG]

6. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

It's SDCC time!
    [​IMG]

7. cooleddie74

Excelsior, true believer! :cool:

8. OdoWanKenobi

Just found Darth Plagueis at TRU. I'm under the impression that he's pretty hard to find, as Sith seem to be in this line.

9. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Biggest Transformers related news out of Comicon is Hasbro's announcement they'll be remaking combiner versions of the Stunticons and Aerialbots for their Generations line. Presumably we'll be seeing the Protectobots and the Combaticons in the next wave.

[​IMG]

From L-R: Dragstrip, Breakdown, Offroad (a replacement for Wildrider), Dead End and Motormaster (the mold for the terrible looking Voyager Optimus that showed up at Hasbro's panel at Botcon last week). Which means the Voy Optimus is compatible with any of the deluxe figures.

[​IMG]
    Meansor also has a 6th legends figure that forms the chest.

[​IMG]

From L-R Skydive, Fire Fly, Air Raid, Alpha Bravo (in place of Slingshot) and Silver Bolt. Like the Sunticons, Silverbolt is a Voyager and the other four are deluxes.

[​IMG]
    Superion is also reportely compatible with the upcoming legends Powerglide figure that can serve as a targetmaster.

Just my guess but the Alpha Bravo and Offroad are probably a cost cutting measure meant to allow them to recycle molds for the next two combiners (Defensor and Bruticus) with Alpha Bravo being a remolded Vortex/Blades and Offroad being a First Aid or Swindle remold.

Superion looks good but I can say I'm not really interested in him. But Menasor and the Stunticons look really iffy. Motormaster is probably the best looking one. I honestly still think the Animated Stuntcon set they did for Botcon a few years back is still the best (with exception to Motormaster) in regards to showing off the individual character of the Stunticons (Drag Strip being like the Bride, Wild Rider as Michael Bay and Motormaster as a showman).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  10. cooleddie74

The hardest of the first 19 Black Series figures to find, for sure. Sith Lord. Expanded Universe. Exotic alien species. He's been the toughest figure of the first three waves for most of us to find at brick-and-mortar retail.

I've seen Mara Jade several times. I have yet to see a Darth Plagueis in a retail store. I had to get mine from another collector.

11. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I think both of the combiner teams look fantastic, both in combined and separated forms. Motormaster and Dead End especially are pure sexy.

I do hope you're right about the Defensor reuses of those molds; I got into Transformers as a kid too late to have any nostalgia for Superion or Menasor, but Defensor is a different story.

12. Unicron

Interesting. G1 Motormaster did have a mini-car with him that was a drone, so it's a cool idea to keep that. I'll keep an open mind. Was anything said at BotCon about whether the combined modes will be able to use any robot as a limb, or will the limb assignments essentially be fixed?

13. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The limbs are interchangeable like their Scramble City originals.

14. cooleddie74

Comic-Con begins today, and the big Hasbro presentation on their upcoming product (Star Wars, Transformers, My Little Pony and everything else under their umbrella) kicks off about six minutes from now, so if you're a regular visitor to any of the collecting websites I suggest taking a peek every few minutes or so beginning around 3 or so (U.S. East Coast time) for all the updates that will be posted.

15. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Having Daredevil pointed the other way--that's priceless.

16. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Those G1 Transformers are ORESOME!!!

17. Unicron

Cool. :techman: I'll admit I tend to be nitpicky about one member in each team not being one of the original characters, but I'll keep an open mind. On the flip side, the fact that both teams have apparently replaced their most annoying member (Slingshot and Wildrider respectively) is kind of amusing... :biggrin:

18. OdoWanKenobi

19. cooleddie74

20. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dane lost his arm again. Oops. :p

[​IMG]

His head comes off, too, but I'm not going to do that to him.